Don Brown to UMass | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Don Brown to UMass

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
the question begs will he have the athletes to make his D work. The UConn D he had and the Michigan D had the athletes. UMass doesn't have many athletes on D. Additionally, unless he is HC/DC - he will be spread around the whole team. Whomever his D coordinator will have to be in the weeds for him.
I do think his aggressive style can work even with lesser athletes. But only against lesser teams. Meaning...it will dominate FCS and maybe bottom 10 teams in FBS. But it has a ceiling...and it will struggle against teams who have the players and coaches who can scheme against it. It's almost like the defensive version of the triple option. Works great until you face a good team.

Reaction Score
Love Brown. He was good for the Huskies. He'll turn 67 this July. Spendng more time with the grand kids is probably part of the reason he wants to return to New England
My my, UMASS hiring a 67 yo DC, they may be worse than UCONN in hiring.

Reaction Score
thought i would update UMass' staff. Slow movement but nice hires. Seem to be budget friendly.

Reaction Score

Hate to see this. Great motivator for Brown to really kick some UConn butt and I'll use my ND/USC analogy.
In 1966 ND ran up the score (51-0) in a win over USC and so torqued off John McKay that he vowed to never lose to them again and it wasn't pretty after that if you were a ND fan.

Reaction Score
Hate to see this. Great motivator for Brown to really kick some UConn butt and I'll use my ND/USC analogy.
In 1966 ND ran up the score (51-0) in a win over USC and so torqued off John McKay that he vowed to never lose to them again and it wasn't pretty after that if you were a ND fan.
Well, UConn is undefeated all time against ND, so USC can suck it. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom