Dom Amore: If Big 12 calls, UConn will have to choose between Big East love and Power Five money. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: If Big 12 calls, UConn will have to choose between Big East love and Power Five money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you look around, it’s done all the time. We did it in fact in the AAC.
UConn pulled a sport from the AAC and left the rest in? I don't think so. But then again you may be engaging in sarcasm. Sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They could tie it up in court for decades though.
On what basis? If approvals are required, then, definitely. But in this case, on this particular spot they are not needed.

Reaction Score
On what basis? If approvals are required, then, definitely. But in this case, on this particular spot they are not needed.
I don't really need to answer this do I?

Reaction Score
Yes, preferably in short essay form.
Lawyers have ways. Ask the EPA every time it issues a Advanced Notice of Rulemaking. How long ago did they say that CO2 would be treated as a criteria pollutant? Long time ago. Still has not happened.

Have you heard about all the snail darters in the brooks of Mansfield? There are wetlands. There is a vernal pool. Air quality would be a huge concern. There are a plethora of bases. We are talking decades of delay.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks that the NBE would let UConn pull iits basketball programs out and leave the remaining sports is doing too much recreational smoking. It's either leave or stay, no middle ground.
There's other decent conferences to park these other sports.

Reaction Score
UConn pulled a sport from the AAC and left the rest in? I don't think so. But then again you may be engaging in sarcasm. Sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake.
Field hockey

Reaction Score
Field hockey
OK, but that was when exactly? When the AAC formed in 2013? Field hockey reamined an associate BE member? So they were never really pulled out. And I would submit that the response would have been different for a revenue sport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK, but that was when exactly? When the AAC formed in 2013? Field hockey reamined an associate BE member? So they were never really pulled out. And I would submit that the response would have been different for a revenue sport.
Yes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lawyers have ways. Ask the EPA every time it issues a Advanced Notice of Rulemaking. How long ago did they say that CO2 would be treated as a criteria pollutant? Long time ago. Still has not happened.

Have you heard about all the snail darters in the brooks of Mansfield? There are wetlands. There is a vernal pool. Air quality would be a huge concern. There are a plethora of bases. We are talking decades of delay.
Fwiw they did a study for Toscano. There are no ecological issues on the tract.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Don't tell that to half this board they'll say that they'll need to build an on campus stadium to play on the Big 10
they would say that we need it to AAC let us in football-only

Reaction Score
I don’t necessarily believe better pay always brings better coaches. They may be better known. I could see Charlton being lured as a HC again or OC at a larger program if he is successful.

Reaction Score
It keeps better coaches.
If a P5 school comes calling for a HC, I don't blame them, but UConn has had a tough time keeping coaching talent hired to continue success. If you're constantly turning coaches there's no consistency and hurts the team.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If a P5 school comes calling for a HC, I don't blame them, but UConn has had a tough time keeping coaching talent hired to continue success. If you're constantly turning coaches there's no consistency and hurts the team.
If you’re constantly seeing your coaches move on to bigger opportunitie$… then you’re having a lot of success, and seen as the type of place talented young coaches can advance their career. Glass half full!

Reaction Score
If you’re constantly seeing your coaches move on to bigger opportunitie$… then you’re having a lot of success, and seen as the type of place talented young coaches can advance their career. Glass half full!
Good point. I don't see we're getting the next Kirby Smart or Brent Veneables as an assistant. So that makes sense

Reaction Score
Looks like Arizona and Colorado are getting the invite and UConn once again is getting left behind.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Looks like Arizona and Colorado are getting the invite and UConn once again is getting left behind.
Hard to say that yet. Hearsay and limited sourcing on some articles. You also figure that if Arizona is coming so is ASU, which means there's a fourth slot open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom