Dolson selected as finalist for WBCA Defensive POY [merged] | The Boneyard

Dolson selected as finalist for WBCA Defensive POY [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Why is this odd to you? Sims is a great on-ball defender and Ogwumike is the three-time Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year. How would the inclusion of both Sims and Ogwumike suggest that Dolson has a strong chance of winning? I think all three are worthy winners.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Why is this odd to you? Sims is a great on-ball defender and Ogwumike is the three-time Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year. How would the inclusion of both Sims and Ogwumike suggest that Dolson has a strong chance of winning? I think all three are worthy winners.
I think Sims with her incredible offensive output this year really wasn't able to expend the same energy she did in previous years on defense - in the games I saw, I just didn't think she was as disruptive or intense on defense.
Chiney really the same observation.
Honestly I don't think any of the three candidates are particularly noteworthy in the realm of someone like Kelly Faris or Griner, but with Stef playing on by far the best defensive team in the country* she may have an edge when it comes to a defensive award.

*New blocks record (73 more blocks than #2 SC), 6.2 PPG better defense than the next closest team Presbyterian, 2.7% better % FG defense than the number two team Hampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom