Does this change your ranking? | The Boneyard

Does this change your ranking?

Reaction Score
I had UConn 5th. Last night doesn’t change that.

anyone revising up/down their uconn rank?

Reaction Score
I still have UCONN at #3. Still undefeated no matter how they were played last night. As you’ve seen number 1 team (Stanford) get beat by an unranked team. Every team has an off night or two. I wouldn’t count these Huskies out of anything.

Reaction Score
Nope. Neither up nor down. I rank teams 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. Then, I consider teams that have a shot of cracking that top 16. Tenn is a team that has a shot at cracking that Top 16.

I have UConn in the 1-4 category until they lose. SCar, Louisville and NC State round out the top 4. Stanford I have in the 5-8 category because they have played nobody outside their own conference and none of their conference mates have played anybody outside the conference.

UConn played a decent team and struggled a bit after a long layoff. Not unexpected. Unlike Stanford, they have proven that they can beat a decent team outside their conference. The same goes for one loss SCar that has beaten a number of decent teams in and out of conference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Same as @vowelguy . Had them at #5, and this result does nothing to make me reconsider.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I didn't submit a BY poll but mentally had them at 3 this week. Id drop them to 4 or 5 after last night. They got the win but honestly I thought they'd be better than they showed.

Reaction Score
UConn's weak early schedule through no fault of their own precludes them from taking the number one ranking right now.........4-5 seems about right..........
This is simply just not true, the average NET rating of the teams UConn has beaten is 108. That's better than all but three other teams in the top 10.

Reaction Score
This is simply just not true, the average NET rating of the teams UConn has beaten is 108. That's better than all but three other teams in the top 10.

well that would put them at 4 right? I believe I ranked them 4-5

Reaction Score
Averaging is misleading in this context.
It would equate beating #1 and #299 the same as beating #149 and #151 (both avg=150).

Last night was first game against team in top 40 of NET.
SoCar has played 8.
Stanford has played 3, all in the top 15.
etc

Reaction Score
Numbers 1, 3, and 4 (Louisville, Uconn and SC respectively) played similar teams last night, at least as far as rankings are concerned. Louisville beat #23 Syracuse 67-54, Uconn of course beat #25 Tenn 67-61 and SC beat #22 Georgia 62-50. Very similar scores and all the winners scoring in the 60s. No help here to indicate the relative strength between these three teams based on last nights games.

Reaction Score
Numbers 1, 3, and 4 (Louisville, Uconn and SC respectively) played similar teams last night, at least as far as rankings are concerned. Louisville beat #23 Syracuse 67-54, Uconn of course beat #25 Tenn 67-61 and SC beat #22 Georgia 62-50. Very similar scores and all the winners scoring in the 60s. No help here to indicate the relative strength between these three teams based on last nights games.
SC game was not close. They were up 20 for much of the late 3rd & 4th quarter. GA scored a few baskets in the final minute to get it back to 12.

Reaction Score
We have 3 games 'till the next Boneyard poll. I will say, I also had UConn at the #5 spot...still a lot of basketball (fingers crossed) to be played until the next Boneyard poll.

Reaction Score
I had them at 3 and still do. Think we have more upside than teams who have more experienced players and have played more games this year. We are extremely young, and also we aren't as far up the in-season learning curve as most. Even if our schedule lacks continuity all season long, and we get to the tournament without having the chance to develop a rhythm & flow, I think Geno could orchestrate a learning curve as we play progressively more difficult opponents in the tourney.

Team showed a lot of "refuse to lose" heart last night. And, as usual, it appears we were in a little better physical condition than our opponent - always helpful in Q4.

Reaction Score
SC game was not close. They were up 20 for much of the late 3rd & 4th quarter. GA scored a few baskets in the final minute to get it back to 12.

Dawn pulled her foot of the gas. I think we were up by 22 after 3.. All of our subs got PT in the 4th quarter. Not that I have any problem with that. I like to see everybody get some PT - especially in a conference game.

Now, if it was Tennessee I would advocate foot on the gas til the end.

Reaction Score
Let me just add, the one phrase I keep hearing here, by some I dislike very much and that is "...if we play like this against (fill team here) we are going to lose big time." and similar to that. Look no further than the other version from @Charliebball above. If any of these soothsayers want to jot down a winning Lotto number for me, I'm all ears.

Reaction Score
SC was up 50-28 going in to the 4th quarter. Dawn pulled all the starters and Georgia scored 22 points in the 4th.

Reaction Score
Dawn pulled her foot of the gas. I think we were up by 22 after 3.. All of our subs got PT in the 4th quarter. Not that I have any problem with that. I like to see everybody get some PT - especially in a conference game.

Now, if it was Tennessee I would advocate foot on the gas til the end.
Especially since we have a game on Sunday it was a good idea to rest the starters.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn is the best team in the country right now. I am confident that the freshmen on the team just experienced the worst “off night” of their entire four-year UConn playing experience. I believe Tennessee is under rated and is becoming a tough rival for us(and everyone else). I have been ranking UConn #1 in every Boneyard poll since day one this season and will continue to do so until they have at least one loss. I think Lousyville and North Carawho State are second tier teams(first tier UConn, Stanford and S.C.)

I have great respect for and confidence in Geno and his coaching team and his basketball team.

Reaction Score
If anything, I think it showed that Tennessee might be a little better than 25 even if their record doesn’t show it. I thought they were a tough opponent. If UConn had blown them out, it might be a different story, but I think it’s hard to move UConn up or down after last night. Tennessee got a little choppy in the 4th quarter, but I was pretty impressed with them throughout the game.

Reaction Score
Let me just add, the one phrase I keep hearing here, by some I dislike very much and that is "...if we play like this against (fill team here) we are going to lose big time." and similar to that. Look no further than the other version from @Charliebball above. If any of these soothsayers want to jot down a winning Lotto number for me, I'm all ears.

I'm no soothsayer but for instance go back to my much somewhat heretical prediction when pressed yesterday prior to the Tennessee game........I think I deserve a tiny bit of credibility on this site........

"I hesitate to give predictions in games against teams like this...........they are a Jekyll and Hyde crew...........they have enough talent to beat a top five team and they could just as easily loose to the 50th ranked team by 20 points...........when I say way too athletic I mean if UConn doesn't play their "A" game, Tenn has enough ability to make things difficult for them.........when I say tall they are easily the biggest front court UConn will have played against so far this season and Davis and Horston play bigger than 6'2" to boot............of course if they implode at both ends of the court as they do with some regularity UConn could win by 30.............if you insist I'll say 83 -75 UConn.................and please nobody get hurt.......!!!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom