Dodgers Justin Turner | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dodgers Justin Turner

Reaction Score
Exactly, it's Dave Roberts choice and he wanted Turner next to him celebrating the championship with him and his teammates.
So Dave Roberts gets to choose for not only everyone on the team, but also everyone they come in contact with over the next 2 weeks? It's irresponsible behavior. He can make a choice for himself if it only affects him. The line of thinking that it's such a tragedy that someone won't be able to celebrate winning the World Series while there is actually real life and death tragedy all around us is so 2020.

Reaction Score
Well they won it all celebrate however you want (together by yourselves) just do the right thing afterwards.

Reaction Score
So Dave Roberts gets to choose for not only everyone on the team, but also everyone they come in contact with over the next 2 weeks? It's irresponsible behavior. He can make a choice for himself if it only affects him. The line of thinking that it's such a tragedy that someone won't be able to celebrate winning the World Series while there is actually real life and death tragedy all around us is so 2020.
The team all wanted him out there, you think you should get to choose instead of the team?

Nobody said it would be a tragedy if he didn't celebrate with the team but it's their choice.

Reaction Score
If you're playing Russian Roulette, do you want 1 or 2 bullets in the gun?
He was already hi fiving, touching, spitting with the whole team for over 8 hours prior to being removed. Do you understand how early they get to the ballpark?

to think 30 min celebration is going to cause the spread rather than the 8-10 hours prior is ludicrous

Reaction Score
He was already hi fiving, touching, spitting with the whole team for over 8 hours prior to being removed. Do you understand how early they get to the ballpark?

to think 30 min celebration is going to cause the spread rather than the 8-10 hours prior is ludicrous
You didn't answer the question, do you want 1 or 2 bullets in the gun?

Reaction Score
The team all wanted him out there, you think you should get to choose instead of the team?

Nobody said it would be a tragedy if he didn't celebrate with the team but it's their choice.
No, I shouldn't choose. Neither should Dave Roberts or baseball players. Science and medical professionals and their protocols should. I'm guessing a lot of doctors and nurses that have sacrificed so much, sometimes being sequestered from their families, think it wasn't the greatest of ideas. I mean he's cheek to cheek hugging his teammates.

Reaction Score
My general point is he could have celebrated with his team but been a lot smarter about it. Keep his mask on at all times. Kept his distance a bit. He was practically rolling around with people. That's tough to defend.

Reaction Score
Alright then get rid of the analogy. Do you think Justin Turner should be allowed to walk around the field with no mask since he probably already infected some teammates already?
No but it's not my decision to make. If MLB and the Dodgers allow it then he should be out there with his team, he should've worn a mask though.

Reaction Score
No but it's not my decision to make. If MLB and the Dodgers allow it then he should be out there with his team, he should've worn a mask though.
That's my only point, he should have had a mask on. I don't think he should have been on the field but it's outside and his choice, but he was irresponsible not having a mask on

Reaction Score
My general point is he could have celebrated with his team but been a lot smarter about it. Keep his mask on at all times. Kept his distance a bit. He was practically rolling around with people. That's tough to defend.
I think we all agree on this. Social distancing and masks work, he should've been smarter about the way he was on the field celebrating.

Reaction Score
Alright then get rid of the analogy. Do you think Justin Turner should be allowed to walk around the field with no mask since he probably already infected some teammates already?
I’ve already said once he was informed of test he should have put on mask but I have no issue with him celebrating

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If MLB and the Dodgers allow it then he should be out there with his team, he should've worn a mask though.
I read MLB didn't want him out there. "Security decided they would not forcibly remove Turner over concerns of contact with someone with COVID and recognizing what the optics of a potential tussle with Turner and his teammates could look like on national TV. "

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read MLB didn't want him out there. "Security decided they would not forcibly remove Turner over concerns of contact with someone with COVID and recognizing what the optics of a potential tussle with Turner and his teammates could look like on national TV. "
MLB released a statement. Turner was removed from the game and placed in quarrantine. When the game ended he broke the mutually agreed upon quarrantine protocols and joined the team on the field to celebrate. MLB security then raised the matter with Turner on the field and Turner refused to comply or leave the field. An investigation is forthcoming. Talk about selfish. Impossible to defend.

Reaction Score
Don’t know what difference it makes since he was out there already. It’s a complex situation and I don’t blame Turner for celebrating. There is a flaw in system there needs to be more rapid testing.

Reaction Score
Analytics cost the Rays a game 7. Maybe the Dodgers still win but Snell was cruising on 70 pitches. There’s just way too many variables when you go to the pen early.

Reaction Score
Analytics cost the Rays a game 7. Maybe the Dodgers still win but Snell was cruising on 70 pitches. There’s just way too many variables when you go to the pen early.

yeah was it analytics or a manager overthinking? seems weird to blame statistics....that are based on previous results. analytics are there as a guideline, there isn't a single all encompassing stat that says "pull your pitcher when he's dominating". when guys get pulled to avoid going through the order for a third time, it's usually because batters are starting to square him up, or he's losing spin/movement (like kershaw against the braves game 4). that wasnt the case here, this was just a manager overthinking.

and they got beat by one of the most analytically driven teams in baseball, so not sure you can blame math for this. analytics are legit what got both of these teams to where they are (dodgers payroll helps tho). look at how they develop talent. look at the rays starting lineup....all acquired through trades. you think those were just hunches? they were numerically driven. and when you combine that with (normally) good coaching and player development, that usually gets you good results.

people act like it's one or the other. the best teams are utilizing both numbers and eye-test stuff to the best of their ability. analytics should provide context to what you're seeing, and if what you're seeing is sustainable long-term and how it projects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom