Do we have a lifeboat this time? | The Boneyard

Do we have a lifeboat this time?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Reading all these threads about schools I don’t care about is annoying. What do y’all think our odds look like of finally landing in a power conference this time? Is this movement good for us?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we need 2 or 3 to leave. WVU is in line ahead of us.
LOL does anyone believe that who is not living in their moms basement? ( I’m looking at you Dude from West Virginia.). The ACC has never shown a bit of interest in them.

That said conference realignment rule one has bit us in the butt more than once.

Reaction Score
I don't think that Uconn will be part of this round of realignment or the new power 2 conferences, but once they figure out how things are going to work out, I think we might be in some sort of an Eastern division of the remaining conferences.

I think we add value, and who knows, it very well could be part of the Big 10, but if that happens, it will be the Big just picking up left over scraps, not the prime time meal.

We would be Lucky to get in, and I would take that any day

Reaction Score
If the ACC decides that no matter what they do they are going to lose their top football schools they may decide to go back to their roots now and make a strong basketball move (UCONN/Kansas) and make a claim as the best basketball league.

Another thing we have going for us this time around is we are not currently under the ESPN umbrella. If they want us they will have to upgrade us whereas 10 years ago they already had us on the cheap and there was no incentive to upgrade UCONN.

as another poster said we have no place to go but up this time around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we have a chance if the ACC adds members to be proactive or because they lose members. I do worry about WVU, some people dismissed L'Ville last time around and look what happened.
Correct. The ACC does not care about academics when making adds. WVU has good football. That will matter.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reading all these threads about schools I don’t care about is annoying. What do y’all think our odds look like of finally landing in a power conference this time? Is this movement good for us?
As far as a lifeboat goes, we will need to build it. If we're ambitious enough to build a battleship, we will land in a prime spot. If we build a raft made of scraps (our normal course of action), well, guess where that will land us.

Reaction Score
I think the long-term outcome for the ACC is looking like the football side of the Big East pre-split. (UNC & UVa are coveted by the Big Ten; SEC wants Clemson, they'll take FSU and probably NC State and Va. Tech to get into those states; Ga Tech, Miami & even Duke are wild cards who may or may not have a chair when the music stops depending on how many of the Pac-12 schools + Kansas land in the Big Ten/SEC and if Missouri changes teams) UConn can find a home there and an all sports league reuniting with Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, BC; probably Cincy & WVU and adding at least Wake isn't a bad landing spot.

Reaction Score
I am interested in knowing who the ACC could add along with us if they experience some major defections. Who has value for the conference?

And any chance of an ACC PCC (Pacific Coast Conference - adding SD State, Fresno State etc) where both play as a single division and have a championship game in FB? Yes I'm thinking way outside the box but why not cover all time zones?

Reaction Score
What I'm hoping for is DB on the phone to the B1G and see if we and Clemson could be invited... I think the BIG12 and the ACC will be the ones getting raided.

I think our lifeboat is our basketball teams, yes I know this is about FB, but any P5 conference would love our BB teams.

Just my thoughts, someone here thinks that USF might join the BIG 12, so they (B12) can get the Tampa Orlando market. The guy said ACC might pick up USF to keep Florida...

Interesting times we are in...

Reaction Score
LOL does anyone believe that who is not living in their moms basement? ( I’m looking at you Dude from West Virginia.). The ACC has never shown a bit of interest in them.

That said conference realignment rule one has bit us in the butt more than once.
Yea, the ACC took Louisville so WVU is a possible.

Reaction Score
Is there a summary anywhere that shows which media outlets have a stake in which D1 conferences and the duration of those contracts? I have a general idea but don't feel like scouring old threads for a day trying to piece it together.

Reaction Score
I thought we, very recently, changed conference!! We are not even a P5 candidate in MBB-- when was the last time we advanced beyond the first game? Yet, we keep saying that these P5 conf are going to see our worth and swoop in. One person here went as far as linking us with CLEMSON as a possible pair for the B10. Interesting equation.

Reaction Score
I thought we, very recently, changed conference!! We are not even a P5 candidate in MBB-- when was the last time we advanced beyond the first game? Yet, we keep saying that these P5 conf are going to see our worth and swoop in. One person here went as far as linking us with CLEMSON as a possible pair for the B10. Interesting equation.

I saw that too. As if the B1G is sitting around a table at this very moment thinking Clemson and UConn are the next big move.

The P2 aren’t looking at G5. They are cherry picking the rest of what was the P5.

Best case is we get into the remnants of what was the ACC. But who even knows what that would look like.

Reaction Score
I think the long-term outcome for the ACC is looking like the football side of the Big East pre-split. (UNC & UVa are coveted by the Big Ten; SEC wants Clemson, they'll take FSU and probably NC State and Va. Tech to get into those states; Ga Tech, Miami & even Duke are wild cards who may or may not have a chair when the music stops depending on how many of the Pac-12 schools + Kansas land in the Big Ten/SEC and if Missouri changes teams) UConn can find a home there and an all sports league reuniting with Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, BC; probably Cincy & WVU and adding at least Wake isn't a bad landing spot.
That makes a ton sense. Whether or not things fall that way, who knows. But it's a damn good strategic plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom