Disney and Charter are talking about carriage fees, and the outcome could affect how much you pay for cable in the streaming era | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Disney and Charter are talking about carriage fees, and the outcome could affect how much you pay for cable in the streaming era

Reaction Score
When I grew up, not to far from Chin Diesel's place...I could get WEAR in Pensacola with an antennae...the Mobile Al stations were unwatchable....

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I live in the flatland Hartford burbs. I can plug a hanger into TVs and get most of the locals. With a 20 dollar antenna even more. But not WTNH.
Plus having DirecTV with 8 and 59 blocked because of money dispute, have not seen ABC for a month.
Disputes used to last a day or 2. Now both sides have dug in.

WTNH/WCTX's transmitter is in Hamden. The others are all in Avon-ish. Explains the difference for you.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate millenials' ability to use OTA antennas.
Jim's belief most millenials are clueless about antennas and OTAs is interesting. Solely on that topic alone, the polar opposite appears to apply with many millenials. Different crew of millenials, I guess.

Reaction Score
Disney and Charter blow through deadline but keep talking about a new carriage agreement

>>KEY POINTS
  • Disney and Charter didn’t sign a multiyear extension before the deadline but the sides continue to talk to reach a deal.
  • That suggests that both sides hope to avoid a blackout of ESPN and other Disney channels.
  • Disney is looking to launch the ACC Network on Charter and is asking to raise ESPN’s carriage fee while also hoping to add to the amount of live games it can place on ESPN+, its sports streaming service, sources say.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom