Disappointed | The Boneyard

Disappointed

Reaction Score
The game was there for the taking and we just didn't do anything to take it. Bouknight was hurt and tired and Wright adjusted to stop him, after a great start Bouk was really bad and nobody else stepped up. We never adjusted and we got bullied down low which just shouldn't happen.

Looking forward, we need to take 3 out of the final 4 with one being the game against Seton Hall.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
The game was there for the taking and we just didn't do anything to take it. Bouknight was hurt and tired and Wright adjusted to stop him, after a great start Bouk was really bad and nobody else stepped up. We never adjusted and we got bullied down low which just shouldn't happen.

Looking forward, we need to take 3 out of the final 4 with one being the game against Seton Hall.
The urge is to blame the refs, but you are absolutely right. The winning plays just weren't there. Again.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Agreed, especially against Villanova. But if it happened today that's the startling lineup every game now
It doesn’t help Whaley at all and we need him to play well to win. Sanogo gets his regardless. Wish we can go back to bringing him off the bench as a spark.

Reaction Score
Not gonna win at the Hall unless the coaching is better and we have our best players healthy to play.
This one wasn’t on the coaching to me. They held Nova to under 70. The game plan was to limit their 3 point shooting and they did that. It wasn’t coaching that didn’t box out (Polley), it wasn’t coaching that missed foul shots, it wasn’t coaching when Martin forgot how to shoot 3s. Bouk is legit but when they started collapsing on him, he missed the kick out shooter time after time. The gameplan was a calculated risk and it put them in a position to win, they just didn’t get the second scorer to step up. I’m not putting this one on Hurley. Against a team like that you need the breaks to go your way to win, and we didn’t get any.

Reaction Score
The second half was about as dreadful as it gets. Gassed, fouls, out of bounds calls, nova slowed the game to a crawl. UConn was still within striking distance down the stretch despite everything seemingly going the other way. They need more games to find their game, but this season is what it is.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
You can't win when:
Bouknight goes almost 30 mins. w/o a FG, commits 5 TOs and goes 4 for 8 from FT line.
Whaley has 2 pts.
We only shoot 36.4 % and 25.9%.
We had 1 steal for the game. Villanova had 7.
Hard to give away chance when you are not a shooting team.
Villanova was consistent especially down the stretch Gillespie with 20 and JRE with 17 (and 11 rebounds).

Reaction Score
Especially with his left hand when the opponent knows it's injured.
Yep. His ball hand is exposed dribbling right into a second collapsing defender. You could see it coming ahead of time. Surprised he cant anticipate it. It's like his move is predetermined.

Reaction Score
I hate Jay Wright. Don’t know why really. But his teams are very well coach, fundamentally among the most sound in the country and the play team basketball. He always has multi year guys and senior leadership. In many respects they are a throwback. Not a bunch of one and dones. This Gillespie kid is a good example, as is Samuels. Both key players and seniors.

My take on this game though is a team like that is usually going to beat a team like UConn that plays 1 guy and 4 role players. Villanova also plays a bunch of role players, but they know their roles so well...

Reaction Score
Whaley was the shakiest on offense he has been all year. No confidence whatsoever. I just hope bouk is ok because we aren’t beating seton hall without him and that feels like a must win.

Reaction Score

Agree. I’m getting sick of watching Hurley do nothing during these winnable games. That second half offense was abysmal and he just sat there and watched it. Plus letting Gillespie abuse us all game with that stupid bull rush back down.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate Jay Wright. Don’t know why really. But his teams are very well coach, fundamentally among the most sound in the country and the play team basketball. He always has multi year guys and senior leadership. In many respects they are a throwback. Not a bunch of one and dones.
This should tell you something about yourself.

Reaction Score
A pretty big ongoing issue.
THIS. It has to change. We are consistently losing winnable games. I get if it’s bad execution. But he’s not giving us anything to execute. That’s 3 times he has been dramatically outcoached (granted, Jay may be the best in the biz, but Willard and Anderson ain’t).

Reaction Score
Whaley was the shakiest on offense he has been all year. No confidence whatsoever. I just hope bouk is ok because we aren’t beating seton hall without him and that feels like a must win.
D1A7428F-4EED-4091-B18E-FF24E4ACF5DC.jpeg

the delta year over year is extremely unfriendly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom