Did we just find out Shabazz's decision? | The Boneyard

Did we just find out Shabazz's decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No show at the uniform unveiling with Tor Watts sporting Napiers jersey instead? ouch.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
What a bizarre way to handle that.
Im sure "Napier" was the only jersey they had made up and someone had to wear it. Painful to see in any event.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Um, he's like, hurt, or something, isn't he?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Um, he's like, hurt, or something, isn't he?
Um, they knew that when they were making up the jersey's and announcing he was going to be there. Weve seen pics of him at the ground breaking of the hoop facility and celebrating the womens championship game and he seemed able to walk at that point.

Reaction Score
No, he is in a walking boot and might be at class. Kelly Faris isn't playing for UConn next year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Same Pen but I can't see why Napier wouldn't show up anyway and announce later, so it is probably unrelated.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What's next, someone is going to check on the size of Napier's dumps to see if he's made his decision?

These two events are unrelated.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
What's next, someone is going to check on the size of Napier's dumps to see if he's made his decision?

These two events are unrelated.
Perhaps, im still a little unnerved that they had a jersey printed up with his name on it, announced he would be at the unveiling representing the team and then no shows the event. That doesn't make you the least bit nervous? You have a stronger constitution than me apparently.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Perhaps, im still a little unnerved that they had a jersey printed up with his name on it, announced he would be at the unveiling representing the team and then no shows the event. That doesn't make you the least bit nervous? You have a stronger constitution than me apparently.

Of course I'm nervous -- I don't want the kid to leave. From just one selfish fan's perspective, I also believe it's in his best interest to stay.

But it's hard for me to draw the parallel here that him not showing up to a jersey unveiling is iron-clad proof that he's leaving. It's his number on the jersey solely because he's the most recognizable current player on the team, not because he was slated to "show up" today.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's his number on the jersey solely because he's the most recognizable current player on the team, not because he was slated to "show up" today.

His number AND his name which had to be worn by another player (Tor Watts) because Shabazz didn't attend as they had promoted.

Reaction Score
Man you would think Bazz is the most important person in the world with these reactions.

He's a young man about to make a decision, its not the end of the world, or the end of UConn basketball. UConn basketball is bigger than Bazz.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Man you would think Bazz is the most important person in the world with these reactions.

He's a young man about to make a decision, its not the end of the world, or the end of UConn basketball. UConn basketball is bigger than Bazz.
Unfortunately, next season isn't. We need him to make a deep tourney run. Simple as that.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In class? So, was nobody in the administration or coaching staff aware of Shabazz's schedule?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

BLASPHEMY

Reaction Score
In class? So, was nobody in the administration or coaching staff aware of Shabazz's schedule?
What does it matter? Did you really need to see Shabazz in a new uniform? Wait until next season you will see him in the new jersey for about 40 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom