Did The Team Get Their Vaccine shots? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did The Team Get Their Vaccine shots?

Reaction Score
Really? That’s interesting. I wonder if it’s a recognition that college age kids become a transmission risk based upon their traveling to and from school and placing a higher priority on socializing than social distancing.
Current vaccines protect the person who gets it. They can still carry and transmit to others but at what rate is unknown right now.

Reaction Score
It’s unethical. I work for a well-known sports organization and trust me we are not asking to push athletes to head of the line.
I get what you’re saying. But I think that only really should apply to the hospital and medical people and nursing home residents. After that it should be open to everyone in this country. If you want to get a shot register, first come first serve. Too many people who are in these first two tiers are not even getting their shots and delaying everyone else’s chance, prolonging the pandemic.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I could have a very poor understanding of how vaccines work, so someone feel free to correct me, but even once people are vaccinated can they still "get" covid and test positive. Having a vaccine doesn't mean the virus can't enter your body, it just means that you can fight it when it does.

The current policy requires a team to go on pause even when someone who tests positive is asymptomatic.

Again I might be wrong about how vaccination works, but unless they change that policy and stop testing once the players are vaccinated (unlikely) then it doesn't make sense to prioritize them since they can still carry & transmit the virus, leading to asymptomatic positive tests and thus more shutdowns.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Current vaccines protect the person who gets it. They can still carry and transmit to others but at what rate is unknown right now.
I've wondered about this as well. Given that your antibodies are going to attack the thing, I have think you are less likely to act like a petri dish. It will be interesting to see if that's the case.

Reaction Score
Given that the worst effects of the disease correlate almost perfectly with age, starting with older Americans and moving the demographic down with time makes the most sense as it will save the most lives. That puts college kids near the back of the line.

Reaction Score
I signed my 86 year old mother up in Connecticut. Up here in NY my county exec just caused an uproar when he reported that all vaccinations scheduled for next week are canceled as the appointment openings were based on expectations of 21,000 vaccine doses, and they only received 7,000. They are now reassessing to see whether there is any clarity about the actual # in reserve so they can make sure those who already received will get their 2nds. Holding pattern. Cancellations. No clarity.
The vaccine role out has been a joke. Of course from those in charge it was expected. Lets hope things will change for the better soon.

Reaction Score
The vaccine role out has been a joke. Of course from those in charge it was expected. Lets hope things will change for the better soon.
It's a joke in New York. But it is very smooth in lots of places. I live in DC and they are mowing us down.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if you read the news but college age kids are the lowest on the priority scale for vaccines and probably won’t get shots until later this summer.
It’s possible they won’t be vaccinated until next fall.

Reaction Score
Distribution is handled by the states, but keep saying everything is going to be better soon. I like to read fairy tales to my kids too

Reaction Score
Distribution is handled by the states, but keep saying everything is going to be better soon. I like to read fairy tales to my kids too
So each state is responsible for getting their own supply of the vaccines? All 50 states are fighting each other for the supply? I thought the federal government is handling that and then each state makes a determination of the order of who gets vaccinated with the supply they get.

Reaction Score
So each state is responsible for getting their own supply of the vaccines? All 50 states are fighting each other for the supply? I thought the federal government is handling that and then each state makes a determination of the order of who gets vaccinated with the supply they get.
NY has administered 40% of the doses they have been supplied. That is not the federal government's fault.

Reaction Score
I saw a doctor make a good case about getting college students vaccinated early. Between the travel and amount of business they provide in certain areas, it makes some sense. 1st responders, the elderly and those who are vulnerable because of other conditions should be first of course, but there is a case that college students should be in the next tier.
I was signed up Tuesday through the school I work at. We're told it could be a few weeks to a month.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've wondered about this as well. Given that your antibodies are going to attack the thing, I have think you are less likely to act like a petri dish. It will be interesting to see if that's the case.

I don't think I've read anything that suggests the vaccine wouldn't prevent you from spreading. The vaccine kills the virus' ability to take hold in your body which means you can't spread something you don't have.

However, once you get the first dose, your body can take up to 2 weeks to fully get up to speed on killing off the virus and once you get the second dose there is another 1-2 week period. You are still way better off after one dose than no dose and definitely in a great position a week after the second dose.

Finally, those under age 50 who already have had the virus, have recovered and don't have significant comorbidities should go to the back of the line.

Reaction Score
In lieu of no recent events whatsoever, our team should receive the 1st dosage of the vaccine and pause all games for the 4 weeks it takes until the 2nd dosage.
Why, so you can be entertained? There are millions more people that should be prioritized ahead of them.

Reaction Score
Why, so you can be entertained? There are millions more people that should be prioritized ahead of them.
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

Reaction Score
My wife is a teacher and is getting it supposedly in Shelton on Friday. My brother is also a teacher and getting it on 2/6 supposedly as well. They rec’d an E-Mail from the CDC to all teachers in both of their districts that said all currently scheduled appointments will be honored but not to schedule any other appointments due to getting to the 75+ and then 65+ and 16-64 with medical issues. Problem is they also want school full in person? Cant win. I’m worried they won’t be able to get their second dose timely.

Thankfully with the defense production act being enabled now I hope vaccination distribution and production ramps way up. It is possible and very doable if done right. Is CT still getting their bonus extra 50k doses this week on top of the 46k already promised? Saw somewhere we were as a reward for being top 5 in vaccination rates or something.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've read anything that suggests the vaccine wouldn't prevent you from spreading. The vaccine kills the virus' ability to take hold in your body which means you can't spread something you don't have.
Actually there is enough evidence to say that it can be transmitted after vaccination but the rate at which it can be spread is not known at this time.

Reaction Score
It's a joke in New York. But it is very smooth in lots of places. I live in DC and they are mowing us down.
NY transitioned to phase 1b last Monday and I was vaccinated on my first day eligible. Registration is a bit chaotic and confusing but if you're patient in sifting through the different vaccine sites, appointments pop up.

Regardless, it could be improved.

Jim

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the players be considered mental health care workers for us psychological wise damaged boneyarders?
No disrespect intended for folks in the health care field, but I would certainly classify the players as "essential workers".

Reaction Score
No disrespect intended for folks in the health care field, but I would certainly classify the players as "essential workers".
Careful there. Kathy is going to have your head for that comment. ?

Reaction Score
Lol - grow up

Reaction Score
"Lets hope things get better soon" is what i said. Make sure you understood what was said before you make such an asinine comment. btw "Asinine" means stupid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom