Did I miss Something? | The Boneyard

Did I miss Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought we had a game scheduled at DePaul tonight that was cancelled because of Covid protocol. I turned the TV on FS1 and saw that DePaul was playing a game vs W Illinois. Why was the game with us cancelled because of Covid but they played somebody else on the same day?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our lame state department of public health didn’t want to play DePaul because it was in-between 10-14 days that DePaul had a positive case in their program.
UConn better wake up and scrap this rule or else we will have played 9 games and be left out of the tournament.

Reaction Score
UConn better wake up and scrap this rule or else we will have played 9 games and be left out of the tournament.
If we're 1 or 2 games short of the "magic 13" games needed (assuming have a few BE wins and are tourney viable) I'm hoping we have Fairfield & Quinnipiac on speed dial for a midnight pay game if needed.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The science says that if you don't have covid anymore you can play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We'll just get a waiver like ohio state.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
Yeah, this isn't a simple issue, the science is far from settled or universally agreed-upon, there are many moving parts, and, while I don't agree with the policy that led to the cancellation of Depaul, I understand that the decision was an "abundance of caution" type decision that was based, at least in part, on human safety. I can't be upset about that because intentions matter, even if execution of those intentions is not optimal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
DePaul has been a travelling unit of disease all season. Thoughts and prayers out to W. Illinois.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
DePaul has been a travelling unit of disease all season. Thoughts and prayers out to W. Illinois.

That will be the outcome that says whether or not UConn was wise to cancel game against DePaul.

Not rescheduling another game for the date is a failure on UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom