Did everyone hear Meg Culmo re: Paige? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did everyone hear Meg Culmo re: Paige?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Did everyone notice that Meg got the Word of the day calendar again and is using whenever she is on the air????? There are times when you use a 50 cent word and sound intellectual and then there are the times you use a 50 cent word and everyone knows you are forcing it and it makes you look sad. I think with Meg it is the second and not the first....
What does this post mean?

Reaction Score
Did everyone notice that Meg got the Word of the day calendar again and is using whenever she is on the air????? There are times when you use a 50 cent word and sound intellectual and then there are the times you use a 50 cent word and everyone knows you are forcing it and it makes you look sad. I think with Meg it is the second and not the first....
What was the word?

Reaction Score
Yes, Nika is scrappy and a tough defender. The problem is when UConn plays top level teams can you afford to have a player on the court who is no threat to score. If she is on he court, the other team can basically leave Nika opened, double Paige (or whoever). They can dare Nika to shoot because she hasn’t shown she can knock down wide opened shots. It’s a dilemma UConn will need to figure out. If UConn gets healthy zi would like to see a lineup of Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, Williams, and Ono.
Seems to be a popular mantra. The two “top level” teams Muhl played against last year were Arkansas and South Carolina. Arkansas she played 25 minutes, 4th most on the team and shot 3-5, 2-4 from 3, scored 8 points, also 4th on the team. Against SC she played 35 minutes, 2nd most minutes along with Edwards who played the same amount, went 3-6, 1-3 from 3 for 8 points; also tied with Edwards for 2nd most. I don’t remember in either game her being sagged off of to the point of being an opponents strategic approach. So that seems like a real stretch of a knock.
Having said that, Muhl’s strength is certainly not scoring. What it is is defense and pushing the ball but primarily her ability to energize a team or am I the only one who has noticed the tangible change in the teams approach to the game for the 2nd year in a row when she got healthy enough to start. I will answer my own question, a lot of people have noticed. Her affect is that palpable.

Reaction Score
What does this post mean?
I read your comment with an incredulous smile. I could be mistaken, but wasn't it impressive when Meg was talking about Geno's monochromatic dressing habits today. There are times when she is calling the game where she can be quite sesquipedalian. Some people just want to hear about the game and not vocabulary is all I am getting at. This ties into the original theme of the thread where people were talking about what Meg said...

Reaction Score
Feb. 8th is 8 weeks exactly from the surgery so maybe Culmo is just telling us old news. The Tenn game is the 7th and I wouldn't be surprised if that is Paige's target.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just for the record the LadyVol game is on Sunday February 6...on Fox..I don't see a time listed.

Reaction Score
I read your comment with an incredulous smile. I could be mistaken, but wasn't it impressive when Meg was talking about Geno's monochromatic dressing habits today. There are times when she is calling the game where she can be quite sesquipedalian. Some people just want to hear about the game and not vocabulary is all I am getting at. This ties into the original theme of the thread where people were talking about what Meg said...
Some people like to post that way also

Reaction Score
Yes, Nika is scrappy and a tough defender. The problem is when UConn plays top level teams can you afford to have a player on the court who is no threat to score. If she is on he court, the other team can basically leave Nika opened, double Paige (or whoever). They can dare Nika to shoot because she hasn’t shown she can knock down wide opened shots. It’s a dilemma UConn will need to figure out. If UConn gets healthy zi would like to see a lineup of Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, Williams, and Ono.
But we have not seen one iota of what Azzi can do at this level.
How can you anoint her a starting position over Nika?

Reaction Score
But we have not seen one iota of what Azzi can do at this level.
How can you anoint her a starting position over Nika?
Because you always take someone with high offensive potential over someone with limited potential.

Reaction Score
Originally there was some discussion of Paige coming back for SC game 2. Some potential for that. I'm glad they are not even talking about it. For one thing, she went ahed and had the surgery, which extended things of course. I think we will be lucky to get her back on 2/8 and the last thing we should do is bring her back for SC. That will be a very physical game.

Reaction Score
I disagree.
I believe you work Azzi into the lineup ( much like Ducharme) and take it from there.
More cohesion, more production, more playing time.
There is also a comfort and chemistry process that needs to develop.
Don’t start Azzi. Then you go with Paige, Williams, Ducharme, Ono, and Juhasz, with Edwards, Azzi, Evian, and Nika coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Depends on who they play. IMO, Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, Williams and Ono would not match up as well with teams with a big post presence like South Carolina and Stanford. In that case, Geno might have Edwards or Dorka, Ono, and Ducharme on the court and use a rotation of two of Azzi, Paige, or Williams.

Reaction Score
I
Don’t start Azzi. Then you go with Paige, Williams, Ducharme, Ono, and Juhasz, with Edwards, Azzi, Evian, and Nika coming off the bench.
i am not the second coming of John Wooden- and I admit that.
But I believe that if all players are available, Nika continues to start until either she proves to be a liability, or someone else (Azzi) shows flashes of brilliance.
So either Dorka or Momma are the first subs depending on where the deficiency crops up.
Back court, Mom.
Under the boards or 2 quick fouls on Ono, Dorka.
I have no doubt that Azzi will earn her way in.
Patience is a virtue.

Reaction Score
If the team goes undefeated until her return and things are running smoothly, do you put her in the starting lineup immediately knowing it may hurt team chemistry?
Team Chemistry is a factor, but Paige,, up to this point, has been the Franchise maker. Would Geno risk a quick return for 3 more NC's (likely with the team he has now). Also, there is HER future as a PRO player, Should, would her parents risk her next ( like Sue) 25 years?)

Reaction Score
I

i am not the second coming of John Wooden- and I admit that.
But I believe that if all players are available, Nika continues to start until either she proves to be a liability, or someone else (Azzi) shows flashes of brilliance.
So either Dorka or Momma are the first subs depending on where the deficiency crops up.
Back court, Mom.
Under the boards or 2 quick fouls on Ono, Dorka.
I have no doubt that Azzi will earn her way in.
Patience is a virtue.
Paige, Williams, ONo and Ducharme will be in the starting lineup when everyone is healthy. I just don’t see Geno starting Nika. She will play, just won’t start in m opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom