Did everyone hear Meg Culmo re: Paige? | The Boneyard

Did everyone hear Meg Culmo re: Paige?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
To be honest I usually have the broadcast muted...didn't hear this GREAT news. Feb. 9 we play Villanova.
There are 7 games left in regular season...plus more if any of the three that have been postponed.
Then 3 in the BE tourney probably. Hopefully that is enough time to get her in #12 shape and smooth out any issues
with her return. I presume maybe a gradual intro...maybe like Nika is having.

Anyone have a return date for Azzi?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To be honest I usually have the broadcast muted...didn't hear this GREAT news. Feb. 9 we play Villanova.
There are 7 games left in regular season...plus more if any of the three that have been postponed.
Then 3 in the BE tourney probably. Hopefully that is enough time to get her in #12 shape and smooth out any issues

Not THAT gradual. Nika played 24 minutes today.

Reaction Score
Tentative date of return is Feb 8. Surprised it’s not getting more discussion.
That's been the date all along I think. Alexa had it like a month ago and I think that was just taking the current date plus how many ever weeks they said recovery was going to take. It would be shocking that Paige could go from losing crutches to playing in a game in the span of 3 weeks.

Reaction Score

Al though not an answer, I would think before Paige. Azzi is running the tread mill

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Now we need to define back.
I assume back means;
she will be able to have partial workouts with no game activity
OR full work outs with limited game time
OR she's back baby, hold those player of the year ballots!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Tentative date of return is Feb 8. Surprised it’s not getting more discussion.
Does this mean on 2/8 she will rejoin the them with limitations in practice but no games? Date of playing in first game? Context.

Reaction Score
During the game I heard she was 4 to 5 weeks .... I didn't hear a date.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If the team goes undefeated until her return and things are running smoothly, do you put her in the starting lineup immediately knowing it may hurt team chemistry?

Reaction Score
If the team goes undefeated until her return and things are running smoothly, do you put her in the starting lineup immediately knowing it may hurt team chemistry?
Geno commented on this in the post-game. Said Paige and Azzi are gonna have to earn their way back and that there will be a try out to see if they make the team. He was kidding of course. For someone who didn't play Geno had a lot to say about her.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
She didn't say Paige would be back. She said that was the target date based on the timing of her surgery (12 weeks). It may be longer based on what the medical staff determines her progress is.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She didn't say Paige would be back. She said that was the target date based on the timing of her surgery (12 weeks). It may be longer based on what the medical staff determines her progress is.
That's what I heard/how I interpreted it, too. Not that someone had told Meg in the last couple of days that Feb. 8 is the day.

Reaction Score
Yes, Nika is scrappy and a tough defender. The problem is when UConn plays top level teams can you afford to have a player on the court who is no threat to score. If she is on he court, the other team can basically leave Nika opened, double Paige (or whoever). They can dare Nika to shoot because she hasn’t shown she can knock down wide opened shots. It’s a dilemma UConn will need to figure out. If UConn gets healthy zi would like to see a lineup of Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, Williams, and Ono.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes, Nika is scrappy and a tough defender. The problem is when UConn plays top level teams can you afford to have a player on the court who is no threat to score. If she is on he court, the other team can basically leave Nika opened, double Paige (or whoever). They can dare Nika to shoot because she hasn’t shown she can knock down wide opened shots. It’s a dilemma UConn will need to figure out. If UConn gets healthy zi would like to see a lineup of Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, Williams, and Ono.
Xavier was doing that today (leaving Nika unguarded). If other teams do that, I would take the over on Nika's scoring. I guess no one remembers last year, when (after a very cold start from 3) she started drilling them in about her fifth or sixth game as a starter. She doesn't have to hit 40% from 3, just enough (30%?) so that teams don't feel free to ignore her.

Remember Floor Game Faris? UConn won a lot of games (and some NC's) with Kelly in the starting lineup before she became (in her senior year) a real scoring threat. Nika's current role is very similar to Kelly's in her early years, and I think she will perform it just as well. Have you noticed how many rebounds she is getting from the PG position?

Reaction Score
Did everyone notice that Meg got the Word of the day calendar again and is using whenever she is on the air????? There are times when you use a 50 cent word and sound intellectual and then there are the times you use a 50 cent word and everyone knows you are forcing it and it makes you look sad. I think with Meg it is the second and not the first....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
All very good teams do not have five scorers on the floor at the same time. Nika does other things that helps the team be successful. She hit shots from outside last season and with time I believe she will start hitting them this season. Having five scorers on the floor at the same time is not necessary to win a NC or to have an outstanding team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom