Did COVID help form this team? | The Boneyard

Did COVID help form this team?

Reaction Score
It is clear as a bell that this team is one cohesive unit. They like each other and they KNOW each other on the court. No matter which combination has been on the floor, they all play well together.

It got me to wondering. Did the last 18+ months help that? They were quarantined together. "Stuck" together with no real outside influences. Nothing to do but hang as a group and play as a group. No parties (or not like it "used to be"). The world wasn't really open for them to do much else. Families at home talk about being closer, board games, family dinners and the like. Did the last 18 months help form this quicker and stronger than it would have in a normal world?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It is clear as a bell that this team is one cohesive unit. They like each other and they KNOW each other on the court. No matter which combination has been on the floor, they all play well together.

It got me to wondering. Did the last 18+ months help that? They were quarantined together. "Stuck" together with no real outside influences. Nothing to do but hang as a group and play as a group. No parties (or not like it "used to be"). The world wasn't really open for them to do much else. Families at home talk about being closer, board games, family dinners and the like. Did the last 18 months help form this quicker and stronger than it would have in a normal world?
Idk if it's Covid, but this is maybe the only top 25 team with this level of roster continuity. No transfers, only new faces are freshmen that seem to be accepting of their limited role, despite their talent. Also wouldn't be shocked if Dan just recruits good teammates.

Reaction Score
I think they often had to quarantine apart actually. At least during the actual COVID pauses last year. But maybe the rest of the time they got tight.
Idk if it's Covid, but this is maybe the only top 25 team with this level of roster continuity. No transfers, only new faces are freshmen that seem to be accepting of their limited role, despite their talent. Also wouldn't be shocked if Dan just recruits good teammates.
Yeah it's bsaically us, Nova, Purdue, and Xavier with this continuity.

Reaction Score
It didn't work for the FB team.
If you're really being serious, I think the roster size makes that a little more difficult than 10 guys on a basketball team. And there's a clear difference in level of talent per player.

Reaction Score
Transfers are rampant in CBB and no one of note left us--that's the difference between us and other teams. We also have an older team compared to most.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I dont think you can judge much about this team until they play some real teams....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom