Diaco’s D playing in 2 Second Delay | The Boneyard

Diaco’s D playing in 2 Second Delay

Reaction Score
Diaco's face in that picture speaks volumes. I am guessing he is not welcome back in Storrs ever.

"I just got here". I hope no FBS program hires him again.

Reaction Score
Diaco's face in that picture speaks volumes. I am guessing he is not welcome back in Storrs ever.

"I just got here". I hope no FBS program hires him again.
A bit harsh. I am no fan, but I also did some stupid things when I was young. He will get better.

Reaction Score
I agree, he knows football and the boy has a way with words.
Like one of the Brits working for NBC or Fox doing the EPL. Precise meaning with an absolute economy of words. Immediately resonated here because UConn has been having the same exact problems on D albeit at a completely different level.

Reaction Score
With Diaco’s plan — light pass rush, zone defense, big cornerback cushions, wait-and-see outside linebackers — NU’s defenders looked like they were playing on a two-second delay.

Corners gave up slant passes like it was the opening day of camp. Linebackers dropped coverages, which led to one easy touchdown. In run fits, defensive linemen seemed to approach their assignments with less zeal and aggression, suffering their share of “oh my” moments.

Reaction Score
With Diaco’s plan — light pass rush, zone defense, big cornerback cushions, wait-and-see outside linebackers"

Sounds like what we saw up through the Memphis game. Crocker definitely turned that around last week, although the big cushions were still there at times. Lets hope he builds on it.

Reaction Score
OMG, did he really say, "We are getting started with our culture, which has been under spectacular amount of strain and attack.” He said the exact same thing here. I get we had issues when he arrived, but he's in Lincoln for crissakes - culture is the one thing they do have, especially on D.

My fav quote from writer - The Husker defense looked tired, hurt, unsure and on its heels. It looked like Maryland or Rutgers. OUCH

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
OWH and LJS writers know their football. They've ripped him since the first game. He's lucky he didn't play it in the Spring Game or they would've ripped it all Summer too.

Sam is one of the best in the business. Love reading his articles on Husker football.

Reaction Score
A bit harsh. I am no fan, but I also did some stupid things when I was young. He will get better.
A bit harsh? He is ripping off people for a lot of money.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Diaco's no genius, but i'm not sure what Nebraska fans are expecting out of their team. It's not at all surprising to see Ohio State smoke them. The defense has had a couple of rough games, but they haven't been THAT bad overall. Seems like Nebraska fans just see their program as being much better than anyone else does. Like, this seems like a normal Nebraska football season to me

Reaction Score
is he wearing black leather pants in that photo (!)???

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Diaco's no genius, but i'm not sure what Nebraska fans are expecting out of their team. It's not at all surprising to see Ohio State smoke them. The defense has had a couple of rough games, but they haven't been THAT bad overall. Seems like Nebraska fans just see their program as being much better than anyone else does. Like, this seems like a normal Nebraska football season to me

There's nothing normal about losing to Northern Illinois, and narrowly escaping defeat vs Ark. St. and Rutgers, all at home. I think your average 'Husker fan expects those three home games to be blowouts.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
There's nothing normal about losing to Northern Illinois, and narrowly escaping defeat vs Ark. St. and Rutgers, all at home. I think your average 'Husker fan expects those three home games to be blowouts.

True. But they got their doors blown off even worse last year against OSU. Why would they suddenly play them close now?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Schadenfreude is unbecoming...most of the time.

Reaction Score
True. But they got their doors blown off even worse last year against OSU. Why would they suddenly play them close now?

Seriously? So every time a team blows out UConn, do you just expect to be blown out a little less the next year? Next year if the SMU and Memphis games are a few points closer call it progress and be good with it? By this standard we had no business being in the game with ECU. Nah, expect to win and accept nothing less than a hard fought competitive game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

You referenced their entire season to date, not just one game. While their fans may be rational enough to understand they're not on the same level with OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State, I'm reasonably sure that due to their pedigree, they find their present situation unacceptable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom