Dexter New Blood | The Boneyard

Dexter New Blood

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The finale is Sunday and I can't wait for it. I have really been into this reboot . Any predictions ? Dexter gets arrested ? Dexter is killed ? Dexter goes into hiding ? I don't know.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We loved Dexter but did not watch the final season based on critical panning. And based on Yard opinions.

So, of course were going to watch this reboot. The first show took getting used to with seeing Dexter ( with new identity Jim Lindsay) stoking the awkward meter pretty hard.

But the show got traction quick. We love it. No real complaints.

With Dexter's house now burned up and his ex-gf, the police chief, holding a note that says Dexter killed Matt Caldwell we are left to say, "Ohhhh, !!!" But he's Dexter. He'll get out of it.

Police chief bites her tongue. We think the note was left by the now-deceased Kurt Caldwell, Matt's serial killer dad. Especially when he explains that Kurt is dead after killing all those women. Most-recently, Maggie the blogger.

Alas, Dexter and his son will need to move on.

Reaction Score
Series did a good job fixing the conclusion of Dexter's story and legacy. I do wish his son didn't kill him though, and that he just wounded/incapacitated him such that he was tried and executed in FL. Maybe not as dramatic, but more fitting, and did Harrison really need another thing to screw with his psyche?

Also, as good as Harrison was in this, basically an empathetic version of Dexter, I hope they don't try to continue with a story about him.

Reaction Score
I always found "Dexter" to be a surprising and fun way to spend an hour. Watched every episode of both runs.

However, the ending was completely lame. Especially the scene in the police station where Dexter acts completely out of character and betrays every core principle he had held sacred for a decade. It also betrays the audience.

Even worse is the fact that the killiing of the deputy was unnecessary. Dexter probably wouldn't have even been charged. Given everything we had seen in the series, the killing made no sense. It's like the writers we in a hurry to reach a conclusion.

We knew that Dexter would eventually come to a bad end. And he (and it) did.

Reaction Score
I finally got around to binge-watching the entire New Blood season while stuck on a fifteen-hour plane ride. I really enjoyed the series as a whole and am satisfied with how they wrapped things up in New Blood. I actually cheered a bit when Bautista made his cameo. I liked the actor that played Harrison. I thought he did a good job of not coming off as one-note. I did think that the killing of the Deputy at the end was a little off-brand for Dexter as I don't remember him having killed anyone that didn't fit the code. Though you knew that act telegraphed that the character was not going to survive the finale as it's hard to root for an anti-hero that kills good guys. One other piece that didn't make sense was the character of the oil billionaire. They had him in a couple of scenes and then never returned to him. Not sure why they bothered introducing him as the character never served to move the story along.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom