Depaul's band | The Boneyard

Depaul's band

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. They are always one of my favorite bands. Energized, etc. and they have the best dance team too, at least they used to. Not sure who i thought was best this year...

Reaction Score
departure was very touching and classy!

They were also hands down the best band at the tournament. Fabulous jazz sound, very tight horn section, terrific arrangements. UConn's pep band is always pretty good, but Depaul was on another level.

P.S. I thought Notre Dame was probably the weakest pep band I heard all weekend.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
No question about DePaul's great jazz sound. They also played after they won on Sunday. Best band in the tourney!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean as I didn't stick around for the band's exit...could you elaborate?
After the QF game, both UConn's and Depaul's bands stuck around and played for a while. Depaul's band received applause because, well, they were good. At the conclusion, the band started a "thank you, Hartford" chant, which of course inspired more applause as they left. I agree, it was a cool moment.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They were also hands down the best band at the tournament. Fabulous jazz sound, very tight horn section, terrific arrangements. UConn's pep band is always pretty good, but Depaul was on another level.

P.S. I thought Notre Dame was probably the weakest pep band I heard all weekend.
Actually, we thought the Villanova band was the worst. Small, scattered in their seats, seemingly out of tune often times, and they sounded like the leftovers you end up chucking in the trash cuz you just can't bring yourself to eat them!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Sweet home, Chicago! I lived downtown in the DePaul neighborhood, loved it there. Lots of family and friends there , too. Glad to hear the band is reppin' the north side with a great big band sound.

#makemeproud

Reaction Score
Actually, we thought the Villanova band was the worst. Small, scattered in their seats, seemingly out of tune often times, and they sounded like the leftovers you end up chucking in the trash cuz you just can't bring yourself to eat them!

Totally agree. Somebody in that band was frequently seriously off-key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom