DePaul game thoughts | The Boneyard

DePaul game thoughts

Reaction Score
Incredibly ugly game against a bad opponent but a very good win, a loss would've been terrible.

We are excellent defensively and crash the boards, when things are ugly offensively and you have injuries that will still get you wins. Tyrese took the game over and we have two legit second scoring options in him and Tyler. People need to stop the RJ bashing. He was fine running the show tonight, hit a huge three, and plays great D. He's definitely serviceable and the best we've got.

Reaction Score
Incredibly ugly game against a bad opponent but a very good win, a loss would've been terrible.

We are excellent defensively and crash the boards, when things are ugly offensively and you have injuries that will still get you wins. Tyrese took the game over and we have two legit second scoring options in him and Tyler. People need to stop the RJ bashing. He was fine running the show tonight, hit a huge three, and plays great D. He's definitely serviceable and the best we've got.
RJ has been steady, it’s all we need from him right now. Gaffney being afraid to do anything with the ball is a problem

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
A win is a win. Especially on the road and a big east game without Bouk. Martin showed he can be a go-to player down the stretch that can create his own offense.

Gotta make the free throws though!

Superb defense when it mattered.

Reaction Score
RJ has been steady, it’s all we need from him right now. Gaffney being afraid to do anything with the ball is a problem
Agree. Gaffney needs to listen to some AC/DC like IW. He is playing timid.

Reaction Score
These are games good teams win even though they look bad. There are a lot of negatives but the one big positive is the team is learning how to do what it takes to pull out a win.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
RJ just needs to stop driving into the trees a la AG. He can’t get that shot off at this level.

Otherwise definitely serviceable.
He has a better offensive game than we’ve seen. It’s there, he shows flashes. One of these games he’s going to have like a 20 point outing. I think he’s our best option at point because he’s at least a threat and understands PnR. I’m not onboard with the Chat hate.

Reaction Score
One take after this road trip. Two other players stepped up - Tyler Phommachanh and TM. I look at it as a blessing in disguise. Get Bouk healthy and we have multiple threats.

Reaction Score
I’m very happy to be 7-1 and win (most of) the last 3 games without Bouknight. But tonight there was a lot more bad than good.

Reaction Score
A win is a win. Especially on the road and a big east game without Bouk. Martin showed he can be a go-to player down the stretch that can create his own offense.

Gotta make the free throws though!

Superb defense when it mattered.
I think there is a big aspect of this game that people are over looking. This was Depaul's second look at us with very little time in between games, all WITHOUT our best player. Depaul was clearly able to key in on tyler and weren't going to let him carry us to a win. This was a tougher W than we would've liked but I'm not upset with how we ground that out.

Reaction Score
RJs offense could be sharper and more efficient but his defense has won us games.

Reaction Score
Exactly, that ain't his game at this level. Running the show, playing excellent D, and hitting some open threes is his game for us.
Martin is deservedly getting praise, but Cole's 3 to cut the deficit to 51-50 at the 5 minute mark was probably the biggest individual play of the game.

It wasn't hard to see the game getting away from us there if he missed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Getting up 17-6 early was almost a curse. Game was coming too easy and they lost focus.
Lots of bad interior passing on the hi/low post.
Saw players go beyond their limits and their effective zones. I don't necessarily mind it because players need to push their limits. It also shows the players on game film why the coaches limit what they do on games.
Cole looked like AG in first half falling down on drives to the hoop.
Wanted to see Akok in the second half to see if he could give team a spark.
Way too many possessions where players played not potato with the ball as shot clock was nearing zero.
Defense last 10 minutes was stellar.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If we hit free throws, the mood would be much different. Great defense tonight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He has a better offensive game than we’ve seen. It’s there, he shows flashes. One of these games he’s going to have like a 20 point outing. I think he’s our best option at point because he’s at least a threat and understands PnR. I’m not onboard with the Chat hate.

Yeah but he isn't getting them 20 taking the ball to the rim.

Reaction Score
have not seen the stat line (watching the game now on delay obviously) but Whaley has like a billion turnovers with 10 mins left.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
have not seen the stat line (watching the game now on delay obviously) but Whaley has like a billion turnovers with 10 mins left.

He finished with four and yes, his passing was a mess all game.

Reaction Score
Happy with the win. BUT 13/24 FTs, out rebounded by 10, outplayed most of the game except the last 5 minutes, the team and DH have lots of work to do. This is a DePaul 1-3 record. Have to improve on FT shooting. FT shooting can lose or win the game.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see Polley go inside more, especially in games where they are covering him closely outside- mix it up a little. After all, he’s 6’9, and shooters can make shots when close to the basket too. If he misses, he might get the rebound

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom