DePaul beats Seton Hall | The Boneyard

DePaul beats Seton Hall

Reaction Score
And? We aren't in a league with Tulane and ECU anymore. They've beaten P5 teams. And they're roughly as good as St. John's, who just took us to OT.

They aren't a guaranteed win to anyone in the league, as Seton Hall just showed.
Don’t knock Tulane they’ve beaten, Memphis, Cincinnati , and WSU already this year.
If a coach can win there he won’t be there long.

Reaction Score
it’s DePaul
DePaul has no bad losses and only lost one game out of conference to Loyola Chicago (borderline top 25 team) and had key OOC wins over Louisville and Rutgers. If they beat Xavier at home next week they’d be back in the tournament conversation.

The only truly really bad team in the conference this year is Georgetown.

Reaction Score
DePaul has no bad losses and only lost one game out of conference to Loyola Chicago (borderline top 25 team) and had key OOC wins over Louisville and Rutgers. If they beat Xavier at home next week they’d be back in the tournament conversation.

You just guaranteed us a split with Georgetown. Thanks a lot!

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
This was a classic letdown game after huge emotional win for SH.

But as everyone has mentioned, if you don't bring it any given night against a BE foe you're going to pay for it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
it’s DePaul

This isn't your sister's DePaul
They have players and a coach who will tell it like it is and can teach them a whole lot

Reaction Score
The key was holding Richmond to 11 points on 3 of 9 shooting.
Key was getting 45 FT attempts and scoring 96 points. SH scored 92 points, the offense was not the problem.

Reaction Score
depaul tried to give the game away, some very shaky decision making and inbounding late, but - they were nailing their free-throws (Terry especially, he looked great). they played most of the 2nd half without Freeman-Liberty, who leads league in scoring, after an injury.

Reaction Score

It's like people here don't watch teams that aren't UConn...

Reaction Score
DePaul put the rest of the BE on notice when you come to Chicago better bring your game, no more a gimme win. They may not play like that every game but last night they played overall a good solid game. SH couldn't keep up. New coach seems to fit this team. No connection to Chicago but always liked Ray Meyer and his teams back in the day, the Mark Aguire teams were pretty good.

Reaction Score
The key was holding Richmond to 11 points on 3 of 9 shooting.
That's what he normally shoots. There's a reason Hurley said our strategy was to let him shoot his way out of it.

Reaction Score
Big East is rough
Dave just couldn't get it going there. DePaul is one of my biggest sports mysteries. I get Northwestern not getting the recruits to the B1G with the academic bar so high. DePaul is no NW. Decent enough school, BE and Chicago is serious ballin' town. They can't keep them home and don't bring them in.

Way back in the way back machine I spent 10 weeks in Evanston, courtesy of my old gig at now defunct Time Inc. What a great place to go to school. I was 27....
So not a college kid but completely single. Full disclosure. It was summer.

Reaction Score
Dave just couldn't get it going there. DePaul is one of my biggest sports mysteries. I get Northwestern not getting the recruits to the B1G with the academic bar so high. DePaul is no NW. Decent enough school, BE and Chicago is serious ballin' town. They can't keep them home and don't bring them in.

Way back in the way back machine I spent 10 weeks in Evanston, courtesy of my old gig at now defunct Time Inc. What a great place to go to school. I was 27....
So not a college kid but completely single. Full disclosure. It was summer.
In DL's first go round at DePaul, he got them to the NCAA. He jumped to Virginia as soon as he got the chance. He was really bulding something at DePaul. If he had stayed I think he would have built a monster.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Freeman-liberty is an all big East player possibly 1st team definitely 2nd. DePaul is a very good team. Don’t sleep on them. This place is funny sometimes when counting wins. People on here had us demolishing providence.

Reaction Score
Freeman-liberty is an all big East player possibly 1st team definitely 2nd. DePaul is a very good team. Don’t sleep on them. This place is funny sometimes when counting wins. People on here had us demolishing providence.
It’s why many on this board think we “should” win every game. They don’t actually watch other games

Reaction Score
It’s why many on this board think we “should” win every game. They don’t actually watch other games
They look at their record and a few stats really quick and think "Nah, UConn is obviously better." But even when UConn's stats are better, they don't seem to understand variability.

The team is good. It's not great. That can and should have been obvious—and reasonable. But we've got folks here comparing RJ to AJ Price and on twitter people comparing Sanogo to Okafor. Our fanbase is largely untethered from reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom