Deja Vu all over again | The Boneyard

Deja Vu all over again

Reaction Score
I fear we are in the same boat that we’ve been sailing in for the past 5 years. Great players, great record, very high seed, no championship. I was very excited when UCONN moved back to the Big East. I knew they needed to play a tougher schedule so they wouldn’t go into the tournament soft and get beaten by hardened but less talented teams as has happened in recent years. But I didn’t do my homework. There isn’t a ranked team in the Big East other than UCONN. They will sleepwalk thru the final part of the season. Other top teams will play other ranked teams down the stretch. They will be ready for tourney play. UCONN will not. No one to blame here it’s just the way it is. I think the loser of the SC/ Tex A&M game gets to the Final Four.....because they went through the gauntlet.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I fear we are in the same boat that we’ve been sailing in for the past 5 years. Great players, great record, very high seed, no championship. I was very excited when UCONN moved back to the Big East. I knew they needed to play a tougher schedule so they wouldn’t go into the tournament soft and get beaten by hardened but less talented teams as has happened in recent years. But I didn’t do my homework. There isn’t a ranked team in the Big East other than UCONN. They will sleepwalk thru the final part of the season. Other top teams will play other ranked teams down the stretch. They will be ready for tourney play. UCONN will not. No one to blame here it’s just the way it is. I think the loser of the SC/ Tex A&M game gets to the Final Four.....because they went through the gauntlet.
So DePaul isn't in the Big East anymore?

Reaction Score
You're right you didn't do your homework, otherwise you would know that DePaul is also ranked.

Reaction Score
You're right you didn't do your homework, otherwise you would know that DePaul is also ranked.
Apologies. There is another ranked team in the Big East. I didn’t look down the list that far.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good lord. Somebody make it stop. Please.

How frequently must someone emerge from the dark recesses to start a thread like this one, whining about conference affiliation out of some desperate need to displace onto external forces The Blame for past or future losses?

Make it stop.

Reaction Score
So DePaul isn't in the Big East anymore?
It's mind-boggling how some of the fans are just so spoiled. It's really amazing. :)

I never thought any of my hoop teams would be extremely dominant like a UCLA was- and I used to wonder how they'd feel.

Now I see how some were probably- just so spoiled. :)Here we have this season - witnessing the most special season from a freshman that we have ever seen - and UCONN has seen unbelievable all-time greats.

Instead - some are posting about a game that hasn't even happened yet. :):) So what UCONN is number 1.

Then making up an excuse why UCONN has lost despite the fact they have gone to every final four. But then some can't come to grips that other teams have scholarship players too. And other great coaches too. And college kids are not pros. Instead - there's excuses of the loss-- it can't be that on that given night the other team was just better???? :)

Two straight years UCONN went undefeated and got beat by buzzer beaters. Ohh the Horror of the whole season!!!!

Whatever . . . :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
kermit.jpg

Reaction Score
Ranking after the top 8 or so so are skewed by the over-ranking of the P5 conferences. DePaul, Marquette and Seton Hall would probably do quite well in the Big Ten.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
2017 - 2020 we played a tough OOC schedule. Still got beat at the FF. That's why they have an NCAA tournament. You don't get to be Champs until you "win it all". Only SC gets to hang a banner without "winning it all". ;);)

Conference didn't matter when we won the last 3 while being in the AAC???????????

Reaction Score
may be next year can hold a game like others confrence
big ten vs big east ,cross over
then may be we can know whats the different

Reaction Score
Well, the BE has been more competitive than the AAC. Not saying much given how bad AAC has been, but still a noticeable improvement.

If UConn doesnt win it all its because they dont have enough balance. Not enough inside game & physical presence. That's been the case the past 5 years for the most part. Although, I blame Geno for the 2018 season when we lost to ND in the semis (Gabby, Nurse, Azura were seniors, KLS & Collier were juniors). That team had more than enough balance/talent to win it all. Geno forgot to coach in the 2nd half blowing a lead down the stretch.

Reaction Score
2017 - 2020 we played a tough OOC schedule. Still got beat at the FF. That's why they have an NCAA tournament. You don't get to be Champs until you "win it all". Only SC gets to hang a banner without "winning it all". ;);)

Conference didn't matter when we won the last 3 while being in the AAC???????????
Let's talk golf. Ever play Belgrade Lakes. My buddy has a cabin up there. I've played it twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom