DEFENSE!!!! | The Boneyard

DEFENSE!!!!

Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson was the only player on the floor who posed a serious threat to UConn. The adjustments Geno made at halftime, three players collapsing on A'ja on every touch, took her out of the game after the break. Holding SC to barely breaking 50 an unbelievable accomplishment. Oh, and by the way, Gabby Williams, who is unlikely to make first team AA, is the number one basketball player in the country!!

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Oh, and by the way, Gabby Williams, who is unlikely to make first team AA, is the number one basketball player in the country!!

I hope this is incorrect, she surely deserves the recognition as a first team AA, and she surely is the MVP of any team if not the best player in the country...

Reaction Score
See, that's the problem. I've been maintaining all, year that she is the most valuable player on the UConn team, even if she is not the most purely talented shooter (in a Katie Lou sense, for example).

Reaction Score
Gabby did a superb job in the paint against both Wilson and Coates, but Geno's plan was to give her plenty of help...everyone collapsed like crazy and the SC bigs did not know what hit them in the second half. There were so many defensive plays Gabby made, deflections, steals, rebounds, and it was hustle and skill....just beautiful to watch....and I thought Chong was brilliant on the collapse moves. If Gabby didn't score a basket, I would still have made her the badass of the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
People sometimes disparage SC's offense, but they came in averaging 77 points a game against a top-10 strength of schedule.

Or, to put it another way, tonight they didn't even score what they'd been averaging over 3 quarters.

Reaction Score
29 first half points? 26 second half points?? Are you kiddin' me??? Hard to win basketball games with those numbers!!!!

Reaction Score
29 first half points? 26 second half points?? Are you kiddin' me??? Hard to win basketball games with those numbers!!!!
For the SEC that's an offensive juggernaut...

Reaction Score
If Gabby continues to play the way she is playing throughout the tournament, it's tough to deny her AA honors, especially if UConn wins another championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom