Decommitts | The Boneyard

Decommitts

Reaction Score
There will be some decommittments as there are with any new coach. What we don’t know, and likely never will know, is how many left because their is a new head coach and how many left because the new coach said thanks but you don’t fit our needs any more.

Reaction Score
Like you said this is common with a new coach leading a team and it’s nothing to worry about. This gives Mora an opportunity to really hit the transfer portal hard and bring in some vets since we have a really young team.

Reaction Score
There will be some decommittments as there are with any new coach. What we don’t know, and likely never will know, is how many left because their is a new head coach and how many left because the new coach said thanks but you don’t fit our needs any more.
I doubt Coach mora has already had time to determine who no longer fit. As someone said in another post - these recruits spent a lot of time dealing with previous regime, I think it’s a safe assumption they decommitted on their own accord. This happens at all programs and is completely understandable.

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to get the feeling our lead recruiter has started to put it out that that he is not part of the Mora future. I could be wrong, time will tell.
Yup. I don’t think UConn fans should be at all worried. Imagine you committed to a school and was jacked to be coached by someone and then poof he’s gone. There are other schools constantly in contact. This year is gunna be a heavy heavy heavy transfer portal year and tbh UConn needs it. Let’s have a strong 23 class.

Reaction Score
Yup. I don’t think UConn fans should be at all worried. Imagine you committed to a school and was jacked to be coached by someone and then poof he’s gone. There are other schools constantly in contact. This year is gunna be a heavy heavy heavy transfer portal year and tbh UConn needs it. Let’s have a strong 23 class.
Yep - and Coach Mora has already said he is going to utilize the transfer portal quite a bit. And I think that is the smart move for this class.

Reaction Score
Yep - and Coach Mora has already said he is going to utilize the transfer portal quite a bit. And I think that is the smart move for this class.
Mentioned on an interview it’s a way to get good quick and intends to use it more in his first year than the next few after. He knows it’s a process but he isn’t here to lose.

Reaction Score
You would hope no player who was willing to commit to UConn with RE as the HC would decommit because Mora is the HC.
It’s not about Mora. It’s about Corey. If he’s not here they don’t want him. Spanos keeps the team together if he stays. Corey would’ve kept the recruiting class. Looks like he’s a goner. And as much as I like Corey we need to somewhat clean house.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't get why you would commit to play for Edsall....and then then say no to Mora.

The staff will be better...the team will be better.
It’s not about Mora. It’s about Corey. If he’s not here they don’t want him. Spanos keeps the team together if he stays. Corey would’ve kept the recruiting class. Looks like he’s a goner. And as much as I like Corey we need to somewhat clean house.
Imagine committing to the run, run, pass, punt - 2 yards and no first down offense and then decommitting when a coach that actually wants to play football in the 21st century gets the job. I don’t understand it.

Let's piece this all together and stop beating around the bush.

The decommits reflect a new coach who wants to use the transfer portal and the positions of these decommits are ones being prioritized for transfers.

It's not so much these commits no longer want to come to UConn. It's a new staff at UConn saying there may not be space for them. And, I'd rather UConn be up front and give these kids a few weeks before the early signing period and 2 1/2 months before February.

Reaction Score
Let's piece this all together and stop beating around the bush.

The decommits reflect a new coach who wants to use the transfer portal and the positions of these decommits are ones being prioritized for transfers.

It's not so much these commits no longer want to come to UConn. It's a new staff at UConn saying there may not be space for them. And, I'd rather UConn be up front and give these kids a few weeks before the early signing period and 2 1/2 months before February.
They have been two decommits since Mora was announced:

Carrollton Texas TE Sean Sallis
Jacksonville Florida WR KJ Burke

I believe they may have been the two highest rated commits on 247.

Reaction Score

Exactly. When you start to see decommits later on that’s when one can wonder whether they were told there might not be space. The decommits thus far likely are decommitting because staff that recruited them won’t be there.

Reaction Score
How jacked could they have been after watching the results?

Reaction Score

Guys who think they may have made a mistake and have other options. Hard to blame them but we should keep in touch anyway.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Yeah...that's what sucks. UConn should be even more appealing with Mora..these guys could have been part of a new regime.

Reaction Score
These kids and their families had relationships with the coaches who recruited them. I wouldn't over think it past that. Parents get comfortable sending their kids to play for people, who are no longer going to be there.

Reaction Score
There may also be commits that Mora is not interested in is a factor as well. Hopefully the next week or two a OC and DC will be named

Reaction Score
The roster are all Randy and Corey guys. They've been recruiting players who are mostly FCS level. Mora should have the opportunity to turn the roster over and not keep any of Edsall's recruits.

Reaction Score
These kids and their families had relationships with the coaches who recruited them. I wouldn't over think it past that. Parents get comfortable sending their kids to play for people, who are no longer going to be there.
Or these are kids who may have decommitted anyway. It’s disappointing, but these are kids who may be hearing from P5 schools as they get closer to signing day.

Reaction Score
Remember 4 years ago when RE kept all the recruits of red pants except 1 and a national tv sports analyst made a big storyline on how mess could UConn be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom