December UConn recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was checking in on Aalyah Del Rosario when I came across this video which introduced me to her teammate class of 2024 6'4" Aurora Almon Sanchez who is wearing the pink Puma shirt in this video. Turns out ESPN is already tracking Aurora. Peep the handles of Del Rosario at the 9 second mark of the video with the in and out dribble then the advance footwork with ball by Sanchez at the 28 second mark. Sanchez is a HS freshman and definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Reaction Score
Was checking in on Aalyah Del Rosario when I came across this video which introduced me to her teammate class of 2024 6'4" Aurora Almon Sanchez who is wearing the pink Puma shirt in this video. Turns out ESPN is already tracking Aurora. Peep the handles of Del Rosario at the 9 second mark of the video with the in and out dribble then the advance footwork with ball by Sanchez at the 28 second mark. Sanchez is a HS freshman and definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Coco you are one of the best posters on this board but that coulda been the mixtape with the absolute worse effort level I’ve ever seen in my life lol

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco you are one of the best posters on this board but that coulda been the mixtape with the absolute worse effort level I’ve ever seen in my life lol
Fair enough. Maybe I was just trying to make lemonade out of lemons. This was an open gym not a structured work out and the effort level might have been lacking.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards continues to impress in her phenomenal freshman season. Today Joyce was named the Most Outstanding Player of the prestigious 2020 UBHI Beach Ball Classic. For the tournament Joyce averaged 21 points and 19 rebounds, Joyce was selected from a field that included numerous Division 1 commits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/22

Ashlynn Shade: 24 points, 8 rebounds, 5 steals

Ashlynn Shade (2023 Noblesville HS): A highly talented guard that can do it all on both ends of the floor and showed the ability to take over a game. She does a great job attacking off the dribble to score around the paint as well to pulling up in the mid-range. A skilled scorer who can beat defenders in a number of ways who also hit jumpers from beyond the arc. She Is strong with the ball in her hands and accelerates well all the way to the basket. Shade also impressed with her defensive ability playing with a great motor. She put good pressure on the ball getting several steals and converting many of them into transition baskets. As well, she even had a couple of blocks in the game. It is very easy to see that Shade is not just one of the best sophomores in Indiana or the Midwest, but the entire nation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards continues to impress in her phenomenal freshman season. Today Joyce was named the Most Outstanding Player of the prestigious 2020 UBHI Beach Ball Classic. For the tournament Joyce averaged 21 points and 19 rebounds, Joyce was selected from a field that included numerous Division 1 commits.

PBR's Shane Laflin was at this tournament and had this to say about Edwards:

Joyce Edwards - Camden (SC) | Could be early #1 player in her class when the time comes

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
...but I can tell you that La Holla County Day with Te-Hina Pao Pao and Breya Cunningham edged Sierra Canyon by a point for the overall title.

Cunningham should be on UConn's radar at some point soon.

That was almost one year ago to the day, and I wish I hadn't said "soon."

Chris Dailey has started following 2023 post Breya Cunningham on social media.

Cunningham starred at last year's Jr NBA global championships and is ranked 4th by Blue Star and ASGR, and 7th by ESPN.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Saylor's senior season was pushed back again. Games were set to start January 5, delayed until January 19.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Last year's Cal-Hi sports players of the year included Isuneh Brady among sophomores and Breya Cunningham among freshmen.

I probably posted this previously to highlight Brady and Kiki Iriafen but here is some of Cunningham's write-up:

“Breya exceeded all expectations we had for her this season,” said La Jolla Country Day head coach Terri Bamford, who last summer predicted Cunningham would be one of the top posts in the country and the best in Torreys’ history.

Cunningham averaged a double-double 17.3 points and 11.8 rebounds with 3.3 blocks per game, and did this on a Cal-Hi Sports No. 1 ranked team where Ms. Basketball Te-hina Paopao had the ball in her hands a lot of the time. Unlike a lot of freshmen that have a hard time converting in the paint Cunningham was smooth after the catch and shot 61 percent from the field.

“She learned to play and guard without fouling,” Bamford remarked. “I feel she is one of the best post players in the country. Breya has great hands, she keeps the ball high and is a very efficient scorer. Her consistency in scoring and rebounding this season was one of the keys to our team’s success this season.”

Cunningham may only be a 14-year-old freshman but not surprisingly colleges are already taking notice of her prowess.

“Breya has a tremendous upside,” Bamford said. “She’s 6-foot-3, athletic, runs the floor, can defend both in the post and on the perimeter, can score on the block and has a good midrange game. She’s working on her perimeter game this off season and that will make her a complete player. Breya has multiple offers already and from power five schools. She may be La Jolla Country Day’s next great.”

Reaction Score
Last year's Cal-Hi sports players of the year included Isuneh Brady among sophomores and Breya Cunningham among freshmen.

I probably posted this previously to highlight Brady and Kiki Iriafen but here is some of Cunningham's write-up:

“Breya exceeded all expectations we had for her this season,” said La Jolla Country Day head coach Terri Bamford, who last summer predicted Cunningham would be one of the top posts in the country and the best in Torreys’ history.

Cunningham averaged a double-double 17.3 points and 11.8 rebounds with 3.3 blocks per game, and did this on a Cal-Hi Sports No. 1 ranked team where Ms. Basketball Te-hina Paopao had the ball in her hands a lot of the time. Unlike a lot of freshmen that have a hard time converting in the paint Cunningham was smooth after the catch and shot 61 percent from the field.

“She learned to play and guard without fouling,” Bamford remarked. “I feel she is one of the best post players in the country. Breya has great hands, she keeps the ball high and is a very efficient scorer. Her consistency in scoring and rebounding this season was one of the keys to our team’s success this season.”

Cunningham may only be a 14-year-old freshman but not surprisingly colleges are already taking notice of her prowess.

“Breya has a tremendous upside,” Bamford said. “She’s 6-foot-3, athletic, runs the floor, can defend both in the post and on the perimeter, can score on the block and has a good midrange game. She’s working on her perimeter game this off season and that will make her a complete player. Breya has multiple offers already and from power five schools. She may be La Jolla Country Day’s next great.”

C'mon down! Never pass up a skilled aircraft carrier.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The fact that she can post up, drive, and finish using both hands is delicious.

It appears she doesn't mind the contact. I love it!! Carnac predicts matchup nightmares for UConn opponents in the very near future. Few teams will have the personnel to stop one of them, let alone BOTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom