Death Storm 2019 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Death Storm 2019

Reaction Score
The mountains here can handle the crowds. What is a complete cluster is the traffic on the roads. Bumper to bumper to and from the hill. If you don't get out by 7:30am forget it.

CL82

We some killers We some dogs It’s going to be fun
Reaction Score
My dog still refuses to poop in the snow. FML.
Hopefully that's been taken of care of. Otherwise, you should call in the bomb squad.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The mountains here can handle the crowds. What is a complete cluster is the traffic on the roads. Bumper to bumper to and from the hill. If you don't get out by 7:30am forget it.

You out west?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My dog still refuses to poop in the snow. FML.
The first couple days mine was doing all her business right up against the house where the gutter had left some green space. She has since given up on that. Now she is leaving frozen piss frisbees all over the yard. One of the grossest feelings is bagging hot dog poop on a frigid day. Unfortunately I had to do this because her poop sample was due at the vet.

Dove

I've walked on ice and never fell.
Reaction Score
The first couple days mine was doing all her business right up against the house where the gutter had left some green space. She has since given up on that. Now she is leaving frozen piss frisbees all over the yard. One of the grossest feelings is bagging hot dog poop on a frigid day. Unfortunately I had to do this because her poop sample was due at the vet.
When my dawg was a puppy she swallowed my wedding ring. It was a snowy winter so I spent 1 1/2 days in the yard chopping up frozen dawgshit looking for he ring. Nothing!! Then one night she threw up and there was my ring on top looking like Excalibur!! She also had sock thread in there, too, that helped prompt the puking.

Reaction Score
I have the most awesome little frenchie, who is unfortunately already a pansy in SD weather (born in San Bernardino). I have no idea what’s going to happen when he eventually moves to NE

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm in a Denver suburb, and if you don't leave by 6am these days, forget it.

I'd say I feel sorry for you, but I'd be lying through my teeth.

I've got to leave at 6am to get to Killington, and hit it for about an hour on a good day (which only happens like 3 times a year) before it's toast.

And it's so packed it makes any regular trail uninhabitable. So you look for tree stashes that haven't been tracked out but are therefore tight asf.

Top it off with Killington being like a Colorado 5/10, and I'm jealous.

Reaction Score
I'd say I feel sorry for you, but I'd be lying through my teeth.

I've got to leave at 6am to get to Killington, and hit it for about an hour on a good day (which only happens like 3 times a year) before it's toast.

And it's so packed it makes any regular trail uninhabitable. So you look for tree stashes that haven't been tracked out but are therefore tight asf.

Top it off with Killington being like a Colorado 5/10, and I'm jealous.

some of the top mountains in CO are like $160+ a day for a lift ticket, its quite insane. I guess if you are that close though you opt for one of the big mountain passes like Icon or Epic.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
some of the top mountains in CO are like $160+ a day for a lift ticket, its quite insane. I guess if you are that close though you opt for one of the big mountain passes like Icon or Epic.

That's crazy, but still, for much less quality:

Killington is $105. And friggin Okemo is $102 with virtually no discount for 2 or 3 days.

Reaction Score
Why do people still ski? $150 per person to wake up at 4:45 in the morning to avoid traffic and then stand on an overcrowded mountain.

Reaction Score
YIKES! You're basically skiing with half of Manhattan.

scratch that $125 a day. I'm the only one in my family that skies. I cant imagine taking a family of 5 skiing. The sport is so crazy expensive. It sucks that i love doing it so much.

Reaction Score
I won't do day trips to Vermont. Who wants to wake up that early? We either do weekends and rent a place, or if we want to do a day trip we go to Berkshire East, which is never crowded, has some decent terrain, and is only $69.

CL82

We some killers We some dogs It’s going to be fun
Reaction Score
Oh, cold, but not frozen, poop is worse. My dog dropped the double deuce on a walk and I only had a single bag with me. I was close to a town park so I walked there to get a bag from the dispenser there and then walked back, maybe 10 minutes total time. Picking up an icy cold but not frozen poop was really nasty.
When my dawg was a puppy she swallowed my wedding ring. It was a snowy winter so I spent 1 1/2 days in the yard chopping up frozen dawgshit looking for he ring. Nothing!! Then one night she threw up and there was my ring on top looking like Excalibur!! She also had sock thread in there, too, that helped prompt the puking.
My dog ate my daughter's sock when she was a puppy and then partially pooped it and freaked out running around with it sticking out. I called her over put a bag on my hand and pulled it out. It was like a magician's trick, it just kept on coming.

Joys of pet ownership, right?

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
scratch that $125 a day. I'm the only one in my family that skies. I cant imagine taking a family of 5 skiing. The sport is so crazy expensive. It sucks that i love doing it so much.

I'm a snowboarder, and I've started to get into back country split boarding. I look for hills or trails everywhere, in the summer whenever. The scouting exploration part is kind of fun as well. If I was out west, this would be my primary snowboarding activity.

If I was a skier, I would buy the appropriate equipment (skins and whatever) and have at it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I won't do day trips to Vermont. Who wants to wake up that early? We either do weekends and rent a place, or if we want to do a day trip we go to Berkshire East, which is never crowded, has some decent terrain, and is only $69.

This guy. That's almost all I do, except for big storms which'll give me 2 days, or when I want to be dawn patrolling.

'want' is probably too excessive. I hate getting up early.

Reaction Score

Waking up early to go is part of the game. Like people that wake up at 4am to go out fishing in the Sea.

Reaction Score
Waking up early to go is part of the game. Like people that wake up at 4am to go out fishing in the Sea.

Funny I'll gladly wake up at 4:00 to go fishing, because that's when you catch the fish. It has nothing to do with beating the crowds. You leave at 5:00 to get to the mountain when it opens, and you get two runs in before it gets skied off. Just don't go on the weekend, perhaps?

Reaction Score
Funny I'll gladly wake up at 4:00 to go fishing, because that's when you catch the fish. It has nothing to do with beating the crowds. You leave at 5:00 to get to the mountain when it opens, and you get two runs in before it gets skied off. Just don't go on the weekend, perhaps?

well the mountains dont open till 8am-9am. And yeah, there are a lot of people that refuse to go on weekends or go to less crowded mountains.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

THis is a must.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benja

Top Bottom