Dawn: We don't have to play perfectly to win. (Articles) | The Boneyard

Dawn: We don't have to play perfectly to win. (Articles)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Articles regarding UCONN vs S. Car. game including one article referencing Breanna Stewart and the national team.

Greenville News

No respect for current UCONN team!
"(My) team is one that doesn't flinch no matter who we're playing," Staley said. "They're in a good space. We don't have to play perfectly. In years past playing UConn, we've had to play perfectly to win.”
South Carolina and Connecticut women's basketball ready to renew annual battle of titans

The State (S. Car.)
“But it might be the new faces, or at least faces new to the starting lineup, that could make the difference, particularly at point guard.”
https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...a/usc-womens-basketball/article249060685.html

Courant
“That Arkansas game, we were not in a good place team-wide or individually,” Auriemma said. “I think we had guys that were really struggling with their games. We were struggling to find an identity on the court. I think that game showed us a lot of what was missing.” (If need be use outline.com to read the article. Just cut and paste the Courant link below into the outline box.)
‘They’re hitting their stride:’ UConn women have their hands full with South Carolina, but they’re not the same team that lost to Arkansas two weeks ago

Journal Inquirer
South Carolina's Boston a challenge for UCONN's Nelson-Ododa (Use outline.com to read article)
Huskies can’t lose middle ground

Journal Inquirer
Hey! Coach Staley here is no fail play. Give me the ball and tell everyone else to get out of way. Breanna Stewart (Well, you know she thought it!)
(Use outline.com to read article)
https://www.journalinquirer.com/sports/college/uconn_womens_basketball/uconns-stewart-had-staleys-ear-this-weekend/article_26a5f9f2-69fa-11eb-91e8-b3de65f7c690.html

SB Nation: The UCONN Blog
Since UConn women’s basketball’s loss to Arkansas, the team has clearly made adjustments. Some of those changes are easier to notice, like Paige Bueckers’ ascension to a new level, or the defensive improvement. Others are less perceptible.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom