Dawn in retrospect with comments and a question - what constitutes throwing players under the bus? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dawn in retrospect with comments and a question - what constitutes throwing players under the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dawn is very straight-talking, sometimes to a fault. She is street smart and cocky. She is brash and in your face. Good thing we UConn fans don’t have somebody like that coaching our team!!!
I can't see Geno ever blaming the ball for a loss. No sale.

Reaction Score
And this is what starts what may become a rivalry. Both teams are at the top of the heap. Both teams have top notch coaches. Both teams have top recruiting classes coming in. Both teams have great fans. Both teams want not only a rematch but yearly games.
Wish your team well until we clash again, then all bets are off, gird your loins, no prisoners'. Take care stay healthy.
There has been a rivalry between UCONN and SC ever since Dawn Staley became coach. It burst onto the scene with the recruiting war over Wilson who, realistically, was never going to leave her home state and play for UCONN. It will continue as an intense rivalry as long as both are top rated BB programs. Great to have it.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
TC - do you know whether UConn at SC games now typically sell out? I own a time share in Myrtle Beach - I’m wondering if we visited the week a game was scheduled I’d have a decent shot at getting tickets.

I was able to easily get tickets last season. The game did sell out, but I bought them from the university's ticketing site the first day to two they were available.

Reaction Score
TC - do you know whether UConn at SC games now typically sell out? I own a time share in Myrtle Beach - I’m wondering if we visited the week a game was scheduled I’d have a decent shot at getting tickets.
Yes they sell out. Last year there were 18,000 fans in Columbia. The day of the game tickets were selling for $500. With the talent SC is amassing I think this is a budding rivalry and will be great for WBB because right now there really isn’t one. ND changed coaches, Tenn isn’t really one right now for you guys, SC-Miss State was a good one until Vic left. We both have brash, tell it like it is coaches who get under the skin of each others’ fan bases. Gonna be fun....

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Yes they sell out. Last year there were 18,000 fans in Columbia. The day of the game tickets were selling for $500. With the talent SC is amassing I think this is a budding rivalry and will be great for WBB because right now there really isn’t one. ND changed coaches, Tenn isn’t really one right now for you guys, SC-Miss State was a good one until Vic left. We both have brash, tell it like it is coaches who get under the skin of each others’ fan bases. Gonna be fun....
Thanks TC!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There has been a rivalry between UCONN and SC ever since Dawn Staley became coach. It burst onto the scene with the recruiting war over Wilson who, realistically, was never going to leave her home state and play for UCONN. It will continue as an intense rivalry as long as both are top rated BB programs. Great to have it.
I do not see Wilson as the start. Almost no one thought Wilson would come and to be frank with Stewie and Stef coming off their Championship, it felt more like charity letting others get some players. The real rivalry in my mind came as Dawn took over the National team and got Boston.

Reaction Score
And this is what starts what may become a rivalry. Both teams are at the top of the heap. Both teams have top notch coaches. Both teams have top recruiting classes coming in. Both teams have great fans. Both teams want not only a rematch but yearly games.
Wish your team well until we clash again, then all bets are off, gird your loins, no prisoners'. Take care stay healthy.
It already is a rivalry. A recent thread to that point enumerates the many supports.
That's the reason SC fans come here to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom