Daily Campus: For Nahiem Alleyne, confidence continues to elevate | The Boneyard

Daily Campus: For Nahiem Alleyne, confidence continues to elevate

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score

One of his goals for the season was to break out of his shell, something he hadn’t done as much throughout his college career as a silent leader. To take the next step, it was time for a change. Now operating in the Insurance Capital of the World, he made the decision to become more vocal. The senior gave credit to his teammates and the edge of a roster that’s shown that they’re willing to step up when the time comes.

“I feel like Andre [Jackson] helped me a lot just be a dog out there even if that’s not your personality. I don’t really do all the screaming and yelling but I feel like I show that in my game a little bit, especially on the defensive end,” said Alleyne.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
My neighbor, a Nova fan, was talking to me before the Gonzaga game, ultimately reassuring me that my nerves were crazy and we would win. He went on to tell me we had size, speed, and “#4 doesn’t ever miss a three.” That was the first time I realized we really could win this thing. A guy I had written off as just a guy “doesn’t ever miss” according to a non-biased third party. And lately he is right. We have so many options.

Reaction Score
Swiped this from canvasing a VT message board:

The person on the other end of the phone was UConn men’s basketball assistant coach Luke Murray.
“I felt kind of shocked,” Alleyne said. “I mean, UConn, man. UConn really called me. That’s a historic place. I had a lot of schools call me. I would say that was one school where I was like, ‘Wow, this is really happening. They just called me.'”

Happy it worked out so well.

Reaction Score
Swiped this from canvasing a VT message board:

Happy it worked out so well.
1680108483155.gif

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Alleyne is a huge part of this teams success and if it's part of his plan/goals I'd be super happy if he returned next season to take on an even bigger role once Hawkins is in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom