CW will be accepting your apologies all evening | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CW will be accepting your apologies all evening

Reaction Score
Probably pissed that Geno thought Liv and Aubrey were our best outside options. ;)

I am still stunned - shocked - stunned - that Geno allowed them to keep shooting from 3. I'm still amazed how it's even possible he let them take 7 3's -- in which they showed early on that they couldn't hit. Take a couple - sure. But SEVEN when they aren't hitting? I think quite a few were early in the shot clock. If Geno is going to complain about the shooting then this isn't the type of quantity of 3point shots his power forward and center should be taking much.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Christyn deserved that Player of the Game tag tonight. I haven't rewatched the game yet but my impression is that she kept us in the game and then Paige and E dragged us across the finish line.

As to the rest of the year, with one exception, she's been solid. She can be better, but no player on this team is the best she can be.

Keep working Christyn.

Reaction Score
Has it been too much to expect this every game, with better shotting % and less missed bunnies and better FT shooting (from a past #1 HS player). I don’t think the critiques have bern unfair.

Reaction Score
Williams is for real too. Just the forgotten #1 player in the nation when she came out of high school. She's a baller and folks sleep on her because she show the kind of immediate impact players like Paige B, Diana T, Breanna S.... BUT keep in mind she can ball out. Think she let all the doubters know tonite.

Reaction Score
Has it been too much to expect this every game, with better shotting % and less missed bunnies and better FT shooting (from a past #1 HS player). I don’t think the critiques have bern unfair.

For this game if there is no acknowledgement that she had a good game then you're right right "they haven't been unfair." They are just wrong.

And for you to bring up H/S basketball imo is just so wrong. Many of us that watched the game tonight and recognized that CWill had a good game don't give a damn about your reference to H/S basketball. No H/S player played tonight.

Why anyone should look to evaluate this college player in any manner in this game in terms of what she did in H/S is mind-boggling.

CWill led her team in scoring. Her EFG% was 50% and significantly higher than overall team averages in a tight game on this given night. In what universe is that considered not a good game? Some of you can't admit that? C'mon. This is college basketball. Not H/S.

Reaction Score
PB is a phenom and I think AE will be a Player of the year candidate by her junior season. But this team will go as far as CW will lead it.

Reaction Score
She does not owe anyone a darn thing. She is a college student athlete who plays basketball
and loves doing it. She is not paid money to put a ball thru hoops. When she gets to a pro team, then
someone can claim he or she was cheated out of their moneys' worth.
Am I right?
The kids are learning, that is why they go to school.
lets cheer our huskies- without rude or crude comments.
(PS- I was yelling at the TV just like you all were, but they did win the game.)
Drumex
'72-73
Than You, I could not agree more!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thanks for the buzz kill. Don’t you have a team of your own to criticize?
The poster wasn't criticizing the team. They were tweaking posters for over aggrandizing games that should be considered SOP.

Reaction Score
I am still stunned - shocked - stunned - that Geno allowed them to keep shooting from 3. I'm still amazed how it's even possible he let them take 7 3's -- in which they showed early on that they couldn't hit. Take a couple - sure. But SEVEN when they aren't hitting? I think quite a few were early in the shot clock. If Geno is going to complain about the shooting then this isn't the type of quantity of 3point shots his power forward and center should be taking much.
He said to look for their outside shot in the flow of the offense. Pretty sure he would have liked them to take 12-15 footers. Neither player knows the game enough to understand the generic way he told them but they should have because I'm sure CD & Geno have brought it up many times. Liv seems timid playing inside against players her size. She played better with Edwards in the game down low.

Reaction Score
Just because of the level of competition, this should get her BE player of the week....

Reaction Score
He said to look for their outside shot in the flow of the offense. Pretty sure he would have liked them to take 12-15 footers.
In the nba, it is understood that long 2s are bad shots. Analytics show that yiure better off from a risk/reward standpoint stepping back to take the 3.

Reaction Score
In the nba, it is understood that long 2s are bad shots. Analytics show that yiure better off from a risk/reward standpoint stepping back to take the 3.
Good thing it was WCBB!

Reaction Score
8-18 from the field, 2-7 from 3? A total of 3 rebounds and 2 assists? Led the team with 3 turnovers. Scoring alone does not tell the story. She scored a lot because she shot a lot. Not very efficient at all and not sure anyone owes any apologies.
And she was guarded occasionally and loosely by Casper and the friend of Mrs Muir, while Paige had the tall, long and quick Burrell all over her, often with extra help.

Reaction Score
He said to look for their outside shot in the flow of the offense. Pretty sure he would have liked them to take 12-15 footers. Neither player knows the game enough to understand the generic way he told them but they should have because I'm sure CD & Geno have brought it up many times. Liv seems timid playing inside against players her size. She played better with Edwards in the game down low.

That's where I think Geno needed to pull "a Calhoun." Instead I don't think he minded as much other than he wanted to see more passes before the 3. I think he felt the outside shots were taken too quick. But if it really agitated him taking those 3's then I think there would have been no way in hell Liv would have fired up that 3 with 1:04 left. I'm interested to see in the next game when they're playing a good team - how many 3's he is going to let them shoot? Also if he is okay with the bigs taking a 3 late if they aren't hitting?

Reaction Score
That's where I think Geno needed to pull "a Calhoun." Instead I don't think he minded as much other than he wanted to see more passes before the 3. I think he felt the outside shots were taken too quick. But if it really agitated him taking those 3's then I think there would have been no way in hell Liv would have fired up that 3 with 1:04 left. I'm interested to see in the next game when they're playing a good team - how many 3's he is going to let them shoot? Also if he is okay with the bigs taking a 3 late if they aren't hitting?
When they watch the film of this game. How many times will he stop it in the first 5 minutes and how many times he rewinds it.To get his point across to them lol.

Reaction Score

Yes but in the NBA - at least imo the successful teams don't allow their poorest outside shooters from their main core of players in a tough game to take over 10% of the team's total shots from 3 point range. Then for Geno to "Complain" afterwards about his team's outside shooting when his poorest outside shooters are taking as many shots is a bit odd.

Though IMO I felt Geno was saying/implying that they didn't work the ball around and the shots they took were not taken in flow of the offense. Some NBA teams the flow of their offense is to take the 1st three available. They play 82 games though and can afford an occasional loss or offnight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom