Current In Depth Article on Overtime Elite | The Boneyard

Current In Depth Article on Overtime Elite

Reaction Score
And they called the 1980s the "Me Generation."

“It’s not that young people aren’t sports fans,” Weiner says. “It’s that they don’t want to necessarily consume sports in the way that is traditional. It’s not always about the final score of the game. Or even about who won or who lost.”

Reaction Score
And they called the 1980s the "Me Generation."

“It’s not that young people aren’t sports fans,” Weiner says. “It’s that they don’t want to necessarily consume sports in the way that is traditional. It’s not always about the final score of the game. Or even about who won or who lost.”
Oh man please expound on this, resident genius

Reaction Score
Still no evidence that OTE will have any claim to future NBA earnings....

"With the first wave of sponsorships in October, the league announced that it had become self-sufficient into the foreseeable future."

Reaction Score
To me, this whole thing seems fine for top 10 recruits that would find their way into the NBA no matter what. But for the others I’m skeptical that this will give them the necessary coaching and exposure to get into the NBA or a good league in Europe.

Based on this article it seems like they’re more interested in generating highlights and flashy plays for their media presence than coaching these kids and teaching them good defense to truly prepare them for the NBA. It will be interesting to see over the next 5-10 years how NBA scouts evaluate the kids coming out of this program and if they think they’re worth taking a shot on.

I just hope they’re not taking the short term $100k when they could be making millions after receiving more coaching and exposure at the college level. Just because they have NBA names and rappers involved doesn’t mean they’re getting coached the right way.

Reaction Score
It's not clear to me if Overtime elite gets a percentage of the kids paycheck if he ends up in the NBA. Skimmed article. Didn't see anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom