OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Reaction Score
Alive at 5 is back in Stamford. Tickets on sale Tuesday, July 6th. Will definitely get 2 tix for Jon Batiste. Pretty sick to drive down to Stamford after work for an early Thursday night show.

1624550380259.png

Reaction Score
Picked up tickets this morning for the Jon Batiste show for September at Mill River Park in Stamford, CT. Caught him about a decade ago at the Caramoor Jazz Festival and he's blown up since then.

Excited for the Lettuce show on Thursday night!

Reaction Score
I'm at the Tedeschi Trucks Band show at the Westville Bowl right now. I like the venue and they are crushing it as usual.
How was the show? Thought about going. We love Westville. Such a great venue. My cousin is the head of security there, so that makes easier for me too. Ha

Reaction Score
Tonight's outdoor Lettuce show got moved inside to the Wall Street Theater. It'll be my first time there!
Ill be at that show too! If you see a guy with a baby blue spocks brain phish hat, say hello. Ptf, strangefolk and an Antelope pin. Way more detail than u needed, but what the hell. Lol

Reaction Score
Ill be at that show too! If you see a guy with a baby blue spocks brain phish hat, say hello. Ptf, strangefolk and an Antelope pin. Way more detail than u needed, but what the hell. Lol
This place is packed!! What a great show! Whoever was running the lights should win an award. Great night!

20BA374A-A667-440B-A1A3-C94F3E06CD56.jpeg

Reaction Score
Anyone been to the new Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport?
I guess they turned the minor ball park into a concert venue.
I've got 6th row for Allman Betts Band/Blackberry Smoke next Friday. My first show since before Covid. Ready for some rockin southern style.
NewsHarborYard.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Anyone been to the new Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport?
I guess they turned the minor ball park into a concert venue.
I've got 6th row for Allman Betts Band/Blackberry Smoke next Friday. My first show since before Covid. Ready for some rockin southern style. View attachment 68694

That cant be good for concert sound.

August_West

Reaction Score
Shoreline Amphitheater found a way to make it work.
not the same. They didnt cover the roof with it. It was just a stage covering. You ever see a show in the carrier dome ? ( i saw two) the Metrodome? (I saw one, the worst sound in history) . The sundome tampa (saw one horrible) . Hefty bag balloons suck for concert sound. I cant speak to brigdeport and open air, I imagine it would sound absolutely fine, no different than say westville. But if they are putting that circus tent on top of it (as shown in pic) , the standing sound waves are going to bounce around there like a pinball.

Edit now I see that is is infield only covering. So your shoreline comment makes sense.

Reaction Score
The Bluefish did not average 2-3000 a game. That would be seats sold. But this use of the stadium will definitely change how the city is perceived. This facility is walking distance for much of the West End.

People loved the Bluefish, just too much to do around here other than go to baseball games.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Got a free pop-up Kung show on the roof of the SoNo Collection yesterday. Same venue, Eggy on 8/7 (4 pm start)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People loved the Bluefish, just too much to do around here other than go to baseball games.
So they loved them, they just didn't love them that much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Another great JRAD night at Westville:

ETA: The “West LA Fadeaway” into “Unbroken Chain” jam was probably the highlight for me. Basically from the 24:00 to 47:00 marks. @August_West check it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> This year, the Westville Music Bowl, New Haven's newest music venue, is carrying the torch with "Daze Between," a day-long concert spotlighting the music of Garcia on Aug. 8.

Produced in conjunction with the Rex Foundation, the charitable non-profit arm of the Grateful Dead, the mega-concert will feature performances by Warren Haynes, Grace Potter, Lettuce, Keller Williams and other surprise guests.

Dead Head historians will be quick to point out that the location of the show is just across the street from one of the Dead's most notorious Connecticut shows: the July 31, 1971 Yale Bowl show, which celebrated its 50th anniversary this year.

Described by some fans as being rowdy, at one point even involving police with riot gear, this show was the first time the band played the Phil Lesh-led "Mr. Charlie" and the Jerry Garcia Band staple "Sugaree."

Due to the disturbances caused by this show as well as previous performances at the venue that summer, concerts by The Who and Chicago were subsequently cancelled, according to the New Haven Independent. <-

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
-> This year, the Westville Music Bowl, New Haven's newest music venue, is carrying the torch with "Daze Between," a day-long concert spotlighting the music of Garcia on Aug. 8.

Produced in conjunction with the Rex Foundation, the charitable non-profit arm of the Grateful Dead, the mega-concert will feature performances by Warren Haynes, Grace Potter, Lettuce, Keller Williams and other surprise guests.

Dead Head historians will be quick to point out that the location of the show is just across the street from one of the Dead's most notorious Connecticut shows: the July 31, 1971 Yale Bowl show, which celebrated its 50th anniversary this year.

Described by some fans as being rowdy, at one point even involving police with riot gear, this show was the first time the band played the Phil Lesh-led "Mr. Charlie" and the Jerry Garcia Band staple "Sugaree."

Due to the disturbances caused by this show as well as previous performances at the venue that summer, concerts by The Who and Chicago were subsequently cancelled, according to the New Haven Independent. <-

They just threw up some special offers on tickets, aka, need people in seats. Password is DAZE2021

August_West

Reaction Score
They just threw up some special offers on tickets, aka, need people in seats. Password is DAZE2021
Hopefully buy one get two free. Thats not a great lineup.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hopefully buy one get two free. Thats not a great lineup.
I would love to just see Lettuce doing JGB, but I don't want to spend all day and night there.

I would be curious to see what mode Grace Potter is in now. I liked her when she started out with the Nocturnals. Even though the band was weak she had a nice cool, groovy hippie chick thing going. Then she shuttled the band and went with a bit of a tarty look that landed her a lot more gigs, but I thought the music and vibe suffered and I lost interest. Then I saw her recent tribute to John Prine after he passed and I was impressed again. Just her and her guitar and a really heartfelt rendition of "Angel from Montgomery."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom