OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Reaction Score
It's going to be real interesting (depressing I assume) to see how many of these music venues are going to be able to recover or come back from such a long layoff of nothing.

Reaction Score
How is Maple View? That's right in my neck of the woods and have been following them on FB.
I like it alot. Cozy. Basically kinda like someone's cool back yard. People bring dogs and kids and chairs and chill. They have a micro brewery and sometimes do food. Plenty of room to spread out during Covid too.

Reaction Score
I like it alot. Cozy. Basically kinda like someone's cool back yard. People bring dogs and kids and chairs and chill. They have a micro brewery and sometimes do food. Plenty of room to spread out during Covid too.
When it warms up a little, I'll definitely head over. I'll ping you here to see if you're going, if you want.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, it looks like Mohegan is selling tickets to their (non-virtual) Comedy Club for this weekend.

Reaction Score

I learned a few weeks ago the Art Park was going to have concerts, but I didn't realize they'd book shows of this caliber.

Lovely open industrial area near the Wall Street area of Norwalk. Walking distance from restaurants, ethnic markets, coffee shops, ice cream, plenty of parking near by. Great idea!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
those Norwalk shows are in the parking lot behind the Wall Street Theater, who is the promoter. Expect to wait 20 minutes for a beer lol

Reaction Score
those Norwalk shows are in the parking lot behind the Wall Street Theater, who is the promoter. Expect to wait 20 minutes for a beer lol
I have Tix for PTF as well as SMS. Great....

Reaction Score
Yo, anyone try for Jrad yesterday? What a cluster fk. On a bright note, my old lady scored one of only 27 3 day passes sold. But jfc was it pricey. $575 for the pod. Wish she'd been shut out tbh.

Reaction Score
When it warms up a little, I'll definitely head over. I'll ping you here to see if you're going, if you want.
Live bait just played there last Saturday, it was amazing. Warm, sunny, good tunes, they had an extra bar. No worries.

Reaction Score
Yo, anyone try for Jrad yesterday? What a cluster fk. On a bright note, my old lady scored one of only 27 3 day passes sold. But jfc was it pricey. $575 for the pod. Wish she'd been shut out tbh.
na did it already sell out instantly?

Reaction Score
na did it already sell out instantly?
No. There was a huge cluster fk with the ticketing platform and very few ppl got Tix before they shut it down. Finding a new ticket platform and trying again next week. The ticketing company said that too many ppl tried to buy at once and they couldn't handle it. I did get a 3 day pod dead center sect 110. Only 27 ppl actually got them. It was bad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Technically off topic, but do people have any suggestions for decent, small live music venues in Eastern MA and RI? As things start to open up I'd like to get back to that. I am in an ideal location for large venue shows here, near Gillette and Xfinity/Great Woods, the Dunk and DCU, but Live Nation isn't booking anything until full capacity. I wish Showcase Live would go back to music shows.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Technically off topic, but do people have any suggestions for decent, small live music venues in Eastern MA and RI? As things start to open up I'd like to get back to that. I am in an ideal location for large venue shows here, near Gillette and Xfinity/Great Woods, the Dunk and DCU, but Live Nation isn't booking anything until full capacity. I wish Showcase Live would go back to music shows.
Looks like the Greenwich Odeum is having some shows:

Reaction Score
The Narrows Center for the Arts in Fall River, MA. It’s a really cool space with a wide range of bands playing there.

Reaction Score
Live bait just played there last Saturday, it was amazing. Warm, sunny, good tunes, they had an extra bar. No worries.

There was something on the Simsbury FB neighbors page that insinuated there was some complaining about loud music or noise later at nights? I feel like that scene is on the cusp of being something really super cool so I hope they don't squash it.

Reaction Score
There was something on the Simsbury FB neighbors page that insinuated there was some complaining about loud music or noise later at nights? I feel like that scene is on the cusp of being something really super cool so I hope they don't squash it.
is that around South Farms? Remember reading how neighbors, some miles down the road kept complaining about noise and traffic.

Reaction Score
Evidently the farm reached out asking for people to contact the town with positive words.

Reaction Score
is that around South Farms? Remember reading how neighbors, some miles down the road kept complaining about noise and traffic.

No, it's on the Simsbury/Granby line.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Westville has a bunch of shows booked.
There was a story on the local news showing the set-up here. Looks good, very comfortable 2,200 per show right now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There was a story on the local news showing the set-up here. Looks good, very comfortable 2,200 per show right now.
My assistant is going tonight and will report back on Monday. I am hitting two JRAD shows at the end of May.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom