OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The parking lot shows at the Klein are pretty much "anything reasonable" allowed, despite the email sent to all ticketholders the day before that outlined a long list of rules and regulations that supposedly would be enforced. Most went out the window (i.e., you could leave your "box", you could dance, you could go back and forth to your car), and people were pretty good about self-policing. Then again, it's Bridgeport.

Several reports back from South Farm indicated my friends all got "two strikes" before the music started but managed to avoid being thrown out. Of course, we are talking about 80's degenerate UConn grads . . .

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The parking lot shows at the Klein are pretty much "anything reasonable" allowed, despite the email sent to all ticketholders the day before that outlined a long list of rules and regulations that supposedly would be enforced. Most went out the window (i.e., you could leave your "box", you could dance, you could go back and forth to your car), and people were pretty good about self-policing. Then again, it's Bridgeport.

Several reports back from South Farm indicated my friends all got "two strikes" before the music started but managed to avoid being thrown out. Of course, we are talking about 80's degenerate UConn grads . . .

I love what south farm is doing in these times, but yeah it’s tight there. I mean you can’t smoke a cigarette outside tight.

Reaction Score
Very talented kids . They are killing it.

CT pride

i've heard and some of the other message boards i've gone to, people are really into them. I haven't listened to too much of them but what is setting them apart?

August_West

Reaction Score
i've heard and some of the other message boards i've gone to, people are really into them. I haven't listened to too much of them but what is setting them apart?
1) unlike most jam bands they can sing
2) they are tight. The originals are good and the covers are inspired.

Reaction Score
1) unlike most jam bands they can sing
2) they are tight. The originals are good and the covers are inspired.
They are super talented. I saw them a few times with Pigeons and thought they were the better band by far. Pigeons are super fun for the dance party, but Goose has way more talent, though Jeremy is a great guitarist, and the dudes in Pigeons are fun to.do balloons with in a Boston hotel room. Haha

August_West

Reaction Score
Paradise is a good dude, he plays with my boy Dionne quite a bit.

Mike Is an old friend. the vintage 70's fender amp I was playing the other night, I bought from him. Wonderful player too. And one of the best just human beings Ive ever met. Mike and I have played together .. Also, yes, Paradis can play too.

Reaction Score
Mike Is an old friend. the vintage 70's fender amp I was playing the other night, I bought from him. Wonderful player too. And one of the best just human beings Ive ever met. Mike and I have played together .. Also, yes, Paradis can play too.
Mike and I have been close friends since soph year hs. We used to go over to pick him up to go out partying, and he'd stay downstairs in his room practicing for an hour while we were upstairs chatting up his parents. Haha he is really a good dude, for sure. Aamof, when I was out in Colorado in 99, he was out there as well, and me, him and my wife watched UConn beat Duke for the NC in a bar in Denver. We were literally the only UConn fans anywhere to be found.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know of any good live music in CT on February 20th? We are trying to have a small 6 person birthday dinner/music night for a friend.

Reaction Score
Is In person live music a thing right now outside of Texas and Florida? I know in the summer there are all the drive in concert series

Reaction Score
Lol.
It will probably snow.

those guys are my friends. Their name will describe the climate in 3/20
Yeah, they're my boys as well. I rub my nipple at Jeremy at least once a show. It used to mess him up, but now he expects it. Haha

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is In person live music a thing right now outside of Texas and Florida? I know in the summer there are all the drive in concert series

It is starting to return in New Orleans. Slowly, but it has been happening. As for the northeast, if it is, I'm as surprised as you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom