OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Reaction Score
One thing I have missed over the past 5 months is live music. In the interest of full disclosure, I did see August West's band LEGION OF JERRY about a month ago at the Hungry Tiger in Manchester.

Anyway, I am looking to find venues that have outdoor live music throughout CT. I am happy to take precautions, social distance, etc...I just need some live music. All substantive replies appreciated.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
$160 for a patch of grass. Had to pass.

Reaction Score

It does seem like the pricing has skyrocketed based on many ads that seem to come my way. The place in Morris has similar pricing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It does seem like the pricing has skyrocketed based on many ads that seem to come my way. The place in Morris has similar pricing.
And they are prohibiting outside food or drink, meaning waiting in line and paying exorbitant venue prices for concessions.

Total money grab. But they sold it out so someone is paying.

Reaction Score

I've never been to Ridgefield playhouse but anytime i looked at tickets I was shocked at how expensive their prices are.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've never been to Ridgefield playhouse but anytime i looked at tickets I was shocked at how expensive their prices are.
Yeah I usually avoid it because of that and because it's a PITA to get to--especially the drive home. If I can see the performer/band elsewhere, I will.

But I have seen a handful of shows there over the past few years that have been reasonably priced, especially considering the artist and how tiny the venue is: Joe Jackson, Peter Wolf and Squeeze were all really good and worth the price.

Reaction Score
in Norfolk CT. summer home of Yale symphony. Jimmy Vaughn on 8/23.

Reaction Score
Yeah I usually avoid it because of that and because it's a PITA to get to--especially the drive home. If I can see the performer/band elsewhere, I will.

But I have seen a handful of shows there over the past few years that have been reasonably priced, especially considering the artist and how tiny the venue is: Joe Jackson, Peter Wolf and Squeeze were all really good and worth the price.
I had tix for Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Samantha Fish at Ridgefield for April 2020. It got pushed to Nov. 2020. No news on a cancellation of that date yet, surprisingly.

Reaction Score
I had tix for Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Samantha Fish at Ridgefield for April 2020. It got pushed to Nov. 2020. No news on a cancellation of that date yet, surprisingly.
Funny, I saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd 5 years ago yesterday. He opened for Van Halen and was REALLY good.

Reaction Score
Somehow I saw Leo Kottke there for $40. Every other concert I wanted to see there was like $80. Bela Fleck for $80? Pat Metheny for $100? Insane.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Funny, I saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd 5 years ago yesterday. He opened for Van Halen and was REALLY good.
I saw him in 1995 shortly after Ledbetter Heights was released, at an aircraft hangar somewhere in East Hartford I believe. He was 18 years old then.

I really like Samantha Fish's latest release, Kill or Be Kind. And of course she is always nice to see...

I was supposed to see her at Crawfish Fest in NJ in May, which was postponed until August and then canceled until next May. She is still on the bill for that.

Reaction Score
Mystic River Jam, and Mystic Blues festival, NL Blues and Brews were cancelled.

Reaction Score
Yep...I was there. And with Chris Layton on drums.... great set by KWS.

Reaction Score
I saw him in 1995 shortly after Ledbetter Heights was released, at an aircraft hangar somewhere in East Hartford I believe. He was 18 years old then.

I really like Samantha Fish's latest release, Kill or Be Kind. And of course she is always nice to see...

I was supposed to see her at Crawfish Fest in NJ in May, which was postponed until August and then canceled until next May. She is still on the bill for that.

S. Fish is great....saw her at Iron Horse and at Wolfden/Mohegan Sun in the past 18 months. Great performer. Not too many people playing cigar box guitars these days. This was at the Wolfden show.
20190324_211958.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm in Mass, I don't think we have live concerts permitted at this point, even outside. Local guys can play at outside dinner locations. Definitely a bummer, as we usually take in several shows from Sprint through to Fall.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I saw Ryan Montbleau solo at the Misquamicut Drive In a few weeks ago.
It was great seeing live music again.

We hit up Abbott's in Noank on the way up and I ate the 1 lb. Lobster Roll.

Then we got to Misquamicut and pulled right into the Drive In as the "doors" had just opened.
We were like the 6th or 7th car in and got first row for our car and hung out there and at the beach across the street.
Show and crowd were great. Repsectable with the masks when wandering around but at the car trunk no masks. Again, it was so great to see and hear live music again as I am in severe withdrawl from my normally aggressive concert going schedule.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lots of vineyards and breweries doing outdoor comedy nights and music. Of course the Hungry Tiger has nightly live music as well. Thank

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I could not convince Mrs. Dove to go see Little Steven there. damn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom