CT High School Football... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CT High School Football...

Reaction Score
crazy weekend. St. Joes may be Ansonia's only test all year assuming they even get in with a loss or two. The current Class S playoff standings is a joke
SJ definitely helped themselves today. Class S is awful this year. Ansonia hosts undefeated St Paul’s next week. They’ve scrapped their spread offense for a power run game and it’s worked so far. Naugy will be a challenge on Thanksgiving regardless of the records. I didn’t think this is a great Ansonia team but they seem to be getting better each week. They have some weapons other then Dobbs. Defensively, they’re better then last year. They can give up the big play, but they’re relentless with bringing pressure. An SJ/Ansonia title match up would be worth the $10 admission.

IMHO, the tech schools should have their own title game.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
crazy weekend. St. Joes may be Ansonia's only test all year assuming they even get in with a loss or two. The current Class S playoff standings is a joke
The fact the st joes is in class S is the joke.

Reaction Score
IMHO, the tech schools should have their own title game.

you shouldn't get to leave your league because you weren't competitive enough, join up with all the other teams that weren't competitive, and then play in playoffs against the teams you ran away from. The CIAC should have stopped it when they had the chance.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
It's not their fault, but I agree, they should be playing LL
Oh I agree it’s out of their control, but in response to the other post I wouldn’t have felt bad if the lost and missed out on the playoffs due to the amount of actual small public school teams that are undefeated. 3 of which still play each other, Cromwell plays osw and Rocky Hill.

Reaction Score
Oh I agree it’s out of their control, but in response to the other post I wouldn’t have felt bad if the lost and missed out on the playoffs due to the amount of actual small public school teams that are undefeated. 3 of which still play each other, Cromwell plays osw and Rocky Hill.
the only reason I want them to make it is so they can beat Ansonia lol otherwise they are my least two favorite programs in the state

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
the only reason I want them to make it is so they can beat Ansonia lol otherwise they are my least two favorite programs in the state
The way things are set up it’s possible they play in the first round. I just want Stafford to get a game they have a chance to win in the first round.

Reaction Score
The way things are set up it’s possible they play in the first round. I just want Stafford to get a game they have a chance to win in the first round.
there are so many tech schools that will probably end up undefeated that your odds are good lol

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
there are so many tech schools that will probably end up undefeated that your odds are good lol
It’d be unlucky if they drew Ansonia again.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
St Joe’s came back from a 25-point deficit to beat Ridgefield, 38-35.
Greenwich knocked off New Canaan, 36-21.

Went to this game. Only was able to stay for 1/2, but from what admittedly little I saw, Pyne didn't display much of an arm. And the the giant NC lineman didn't excel either. Maybe the whole game tells a different story, but just saying. Biggest crowd in years from what I understand.

Reaction Score
Went to this game. Only was able to stay for 1/2, but from what admittedly little I saw, Pyne didn't display much of an arm. And the the giant NC lineman didn't excel either. Maybe the whole game tells a different story, but just saying. Biggest crowd in years from what I understand.

Did the PA announcer have to beg people to remove cars from Temple Shalom and Christ Church parking lots?

Reaction Score
It's not their fault, but I agree, they should be playing LL
If it’s not a public high school, they are free to recruit wherever they want, and if the kids parents want to pay to send their kids there to get a decent Christian education, so be it. Prep, NDWH, Trinity Catholic, and Xavier, also recruit all over the state. It’s also done against the rules with public schools like Ansonia, New London, Bloomfield and Windsor. Those schools recruit too.

Reaction Score
If it’s not a public high school, they are free to recruit wherever they want, and if the kids parents want to pay to send their kids there to get a decent Christian education, so be it. Prep, NDWH, Trinity Catholic, and Xavier, also recruit all over the state. It’s also done against the rules with public schools like Ansonia, New London, Bloomfield and Windsor. Those schools recruit too.

They are not free to recruit. Any school, public or private, cannot be CIAC eligible if they recruit.

This also has nothing to do with the quoted text. Idk why you have such a hard-on for St Joe's unless you went there or have kids that attended

Reaction Score
They are not free to recruit. Any school, public or private, cannot be CIAC eligible if they recruit.

This also has nothing to do with the quoted text. Idk why you have such a hard-on for St Joe's unless you went there or have kids that attended
Oh bull sh....t, Prep recruits all over Fairfield County, tried to recruit my dad away from Ludlowe many years ago when Ludlowe was a state power. Windsor has a practice bus that brings them home to Hartford, and Dobbs is from Waterbury. Yes, you are right my cousins kids play for ST Joe's. It is what it is, everyone just looks the other way. Ask Coach Cochran if he ever recruited for Bloomfield or New London? Lol

If public schools get caught the CIAC has some power to enforce compliance, but with the parochials or Prep, it's next to impossible to enforce so they just let it go.

Reaction Score
Oh bull sh....t, Prep recruits all over Fairfield County, tried to recruit my dad away from Ludlowe many years ago when Ludlowe was a state power. Windsor has a practice bus that brings them home to Hartford, and Dobbs is from Waterbury. Yes, you are right my cousins kids play for ST Joe's. It is what it is, everyone just looks the other way. Ask Coach Cochran if he ever recruited for Bloomfield or New London? Lol

I'm just telling you what the rules are. No one can recruit and play in the CIAC. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm just tired of watching clean programs get bested by cheaters.

Reaction Score
....Ansonia, New London, Bloomfield and Windsor. Those schools recruit too.
As I mentioned in an earlier post these school systems are part of the CT Open Choice program. They don’t actively recruit kids. Parents know what programs are successful and take advantage of the state funded program. It just happens to benefit some of the athletic programs. As I’ve also said before, if Ansonia was actively recruiting, their tallest player would be bigger then 6’1 and the roster would have more then 48 players (which includes freshmen).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I mentioned in an earlier post these school systems are part of the CT Open Choice program. They don’t actively recruit kids. Parents know what programs are successful and take advantage of the state funded program. It just happens to benefit some of the athletic programs. As I’ve also said before, if Ansonia was actively recruiting, their tallest player would be bigger then 6’1 and the roster would have more then 48 players including freshmen.
Some programs do actively recruit. St Joe's & Prep do for a fact. Cochran used to recruit kids too and Berlin finally got caught stealing kids from New Britain

Reaction Score
As I mentioned in an earlier post these school systems are part of the CT Open Choice program. They don’t actively recruit kids. Parents know what programs are successful and take advantage of the state funded program. It just happens to benefit some of the athletic programs. As I’ve also said before, if Ansonia was actively recruiting, their tallest player would be bigger then 6’1 and the roster would have more then 48 players including freshmen.
Kris you seem to know things, so you have to know that Markell Dobbs is from Waterbury. I mean everybody knows that.

Reaction Score

If public schools get caught the CIAC has some power to enforce compliance, but with the parochials or Prep, it's next to impossible to enforce so they just let it go.
Don’t you think when people bring this up ad nauseum about a program like Ansonia, that the CIAC would have looked into it? They don’t because there’s no credence to it. The kids are either residents or participate in Open Choice, so it’s a non issue.

Markell Dobbs has lived in Ansonia his whole life with his mother. He has family in Hamden but he’s always attended Ansonia schools and came up through the Ansonia youth program. As far as Cochran goes, he’s always been at a program that was either Open Choice or a Charter School, so again there’s no issue. This is the same reason a kid like Daron Braden, who lives in Enfield, can attend Bloomfield.

Unless, someone in those towns blows the whistle and has credible proof, as they did in Berlin a few years ago. The CIAC won’t waste their time or money, because some rival fans feel disadvantaged and can’t prove anything

Basketball players change schools like I change underwear. So, it doesn’t bother me. Control what you can control. If you don’t like what your opponents doing focus on what you need to do to beat them. You can’t control what they do.

My best friend has a daughter and son that attend St Joe’s. They are both tremendous athletes. They weren’t recruited to play there. Another son attended NDWH as a frosh. He now attends a prep school in MA because he wanted a challenge against high level competition in his sport. All three could have gone to Amity and been successful in their respective sports. They all took advantage of an opportunity to get a quality education and participate in successful athletic programs elsewhere. It was their choice. Nobody said we’ll give you this or that to come here. They attended open house took the entrance exam and were accepted. Were they aware of the athletic successes of these programs, of course. Did the coaches want them? Yes. But, nothing was promised or given to them for choosing to attend. The great thing about this country is that we can make these choices.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kris you seem to know things, so you have to know that Markell Dobbs is from Waterbury. I mean everybody knows that.
Newsome played youth football in Waterbury, not Dobbs, before moving in with his legal guardian in Ansonia prior to his freshman year in high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t you think when people bring this up ad nauseum about a program like Ansonia, that the CIAC would have looked into it? They don’t because there’s no credence to it. The kids are either residents or participate in Open Choice, so it’s a non issue.

Markell Dobbs has lived in Ansonia his who life with his mother. He has family in Hamden but he’s always attended Ansonia schools and came up through the Ansonia youth program. As far as Cochran goes, he’s always been at a program that was either Open Choice or a Charter School, so again there’s no issue. This is the same reason a kid like Daron Braden, who lives in Enfield, can attend Bloomfield.

Unless, someone in those towns blows the whistle and has credible proof, as they did in Berlin a few years ago. The CIAC won’t waste their time or money, because some rival fans feel disadvantaged and can’t prove anything

Basketball players change schools like I change underwear. So, it doesn’t bother me. Control what you can control. If you don’t like what your opponents doing focus on what you need to do to beat them. You can’t control what they do.

My best friend has a daughter and son that attend St Joe’s. They are both tremendous athletes. They weren’t recruited to play there. Another son attended NDWH as a frosh. He now attends a prep school in MA because he wanted a challenge against high level competition in his sport. All could have gone to Amity and been successful in their respective sports. They all took advantage of an opportunity to get a quality education and participate in successful athletic programs elsewhere. It was their choice. Nobody said we’ll give you this or that to come here. They attended open house took the entrance exam and were accepted. We’re they aware of the athletic successes of these programs, of course. Did the coaches want them. Yes. But, nothing was promised or given to them for choosing to attend. The great thing about this country is that we can make these choices.
No of course nothing changes hands, not saying it does, but if a coach wants to make it known he's interested in having a certain kid play for him, he sure as hell can and the CIAC can't prove anything, and so what if he bumps into the kids mom in the Supermarket, there's no law that says he can't exchange pleasantries. Lol

Reaction Score
So there’s no question when the next Dobbs comes through.....
49143885-0B9B-442F-9F0D-A5F43B1B7960.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did the PA announcer have to beg people to remove cars from Temple Shalom and Christ Church parking lots?
I had a dinner commitment, so I was only able to watch the 1/2 of qtr 1 and most of qtr 2. I parked at mallard drive, parking was scarce (actually there was no parking anywhere really) should have biked over. The PA announcer may have begged, but I didn't hear it.

I see Pyne had over 250 yards which was a surprise to me because while I was there he never pushed the ball down the field in the air.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom