OT: - Creighton Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Creighton Fans

Reaction Score
It’s not like Creighton or McDermott have some secret recipe to winning that nobody else can think of.

Hurley is superstitious and wears his emotions on his sleeves, and I’m sure it rubs off in players to some extent. I think he’s simply in his own head when he faces Creighton and the team has been too.

Cole had one of the biggest chokes we’ve seen against Creighton and Martin shot about 10% on layups against them the past couple years. Sanogo also got owned by Kalkbrenner this year. Maybe the roster turnover will be a positive thing in this small aspect. Cole and Martin were great and we’ll sorely miss them, but there’s no reason for Hawkins, Newton, Alleyne, Karaban, or Johnson to go into a Creighton game with anything clouding their head. Sanogo and Jackson (who they blatantly were leaving open) will be the ones with chips on their shoulders.
Wasn’t RJ a 100% FT shooter on the season before that miss? Heartbreaking

Equally heartbreaking to watch McDermott coach his guys to absolutely abuse our high hedge by hitting the wing and then the roll before the big could get back. Over and over and over and over again.

But like you said, the weaknesses of last year shouldn’t be as big of a problem this year. No doubt McDermott will adjust, but we should have two guys (Newton and Hawkins) who can take a broken offensive set and just go get a bucket. Takes A LOT of pressure off Sanogo, and that pressure on Sanogo is how they killed us defensively last year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s not like Creighton or McDermott have some secret recipe to winning that nobody else can think of.

Hurley is superstitious and wears his emotions on his sleeves, and I’m sure it rubs off in players to some extent. I think he’s simply in his own head when he faces Creighton and the team has been too.

Cole had one of the biggest chokes we’ve seen against Creighton and Martin shot about 10% on layups against them the past couple years. Sanogo also got owned by Kalkbrenner this year. Maybe the roster turnover will be a positive thing in this small aspect. Cole and Martin were great and we’ll sorely miss them, but there’s no reason for Hawkins, Newton, Alleyne, Karaban, or Johnson to go into a Creighton game with anything clouding their head. Sanogo and Jackson (who they blatantly were leaving open) will be the ones with chips on their shoulders.
I would suggest that Creighton adjusts its approach to the opponent to a much greater degree than the average college basketball team. I would suggest that under Hurley, UConn adjusts its approach and system (on both ends) less than the average college basketball team. That makes them a bad matchup for UConn until we actually do something to surprise them and make them uncomfortable.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Of all the highlights I’ve made, I’ve never once thought to make one of an opposing team’s player missing shots. Got some real sickos over there in Nebraska.
Maybe that guy's the one to make the compilation of Rodney on or stepping on the out of bounds line.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We get the press, the exposure, the best in season tournaments

They get us

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I mean he has a point Sanogo would get sped up and missed a lot of good looks last year. It was extremely frustrating to watch. But he’s going to be scary good when things slow down a little bit for him this year. He alone will keep us in games.

I like to banter with Creighton‘s fans because they’re really well informed and engaged. Hope this turns into a rivalry.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great fans at College of Charleston tournament. Very knowledgeable, loud and showed up in large numbers.

Reaction Score

If Pitino likes it there has to be the best ever. Did ladies of the Providence night greet him for his visit?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Was it more hilarious than pc fans booking it as the biggest win in program history?

Reaction Score
Creighton fans - especially their internet fans (Reddit in particular). Are some of the most thick headed, obnoxious people I’ve ever encountered.

Like OP said we take up so much space in their heads rent free.

They have this air of superiority, are impossible to engage in any kind of actual conversation about basketball- and are so enameled with our stories 6 game history that they believe they are next in line to the basketball hall of fame.

Weird group of people. Wonder what they’ll be like 5-10- X years in the future when the series evens out after we play a significant amount of games. Their heads may actually explode.

pj

Reaction Score
Of all the highlights I’ve made, I’ve never once thought to make one of an opposing team’s player missing shots. Got some real sickos over there in Nebraska.

This guy must have come to agree with you, because he quit after the 5th game of the season. Didn't even make it to the Creighton games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom