Crazy year! | The Boneyard

Crazy year!

Reaction Score
SC losing in the 4th but pulled it out. Poor FT shooting. Boston off a bit. Horrible behind the arc. Everyone struggling this week.

Reaction Score
Boston had 20 points 14 rebounds. How is that off a bit?
Seemed to come later. I think she was 3-7 at one point. That’s off for her. Just not as dominant as normal. Shows how good she is.

Reaction Score
Update - LU 65 - WF 63. Remember how bad UConn would have felt if they had lost to Tennessee after missing all those free throws? LU 13 for 13 today at the line, while WF MISSED 12 free throws. Yikes.
Missed FT’s seems to be crazy this year. For a lot of teams. I think SC missed a bunch too.

Reaction Score
Yes crazy indeed, no clear cut favorite to win it all. Teams seem more evenly matched then past years....after Stewie and co. freshman year everyone knew what time it was. Not that way this year at all.

Reaction Score
nope, if can choose , i rather face SC than TN
THe way TN plays Kentucky today they will beat South Carolina easily.
If Davis would have shown up Thursday night they would have beat UConn. This is Tennessee best and last opportunity to beat SC and compete for a championship. After this year it is going to be hard to pull off.

Reaction Score
While any team that is not totally better than the other team can be beat if their bad night is matched up with the other teams good night. The closer the teams are in talent the more likey these things are to happen. The other factor involved in respect to dealing with the virus is the lack of consistency probably due to lack of practice. That lack of consistency magnifies the odds of having a bad night for team and makes them ripe for upsets. Shooters hot and cold streaks always play a part, but it seems like this season entire teams rather than just individual players have suffered. Oregon being on such team. Early in the season the whole team was hot and they seemed unbeatable. Well they went through a cold streak for fiive games straight and suffered losses. We might be looking at more of the same in the National tourn, if it comes to pass. That being that the team that is hot could win it all even though there might be multiple better teams.

Reaction Score
After todays #1 Louisville win (barely) over unranked Wake forest 65-63 and #4 South Carolina's win over unranked LSU 69-65, I may have to rethink my top 10 Boneyard poll teams. Maybe UConn's win over Tenn wasn't that bad after all. ;)

Reaction Score
This season strikes me as like major league baseball's extended preseason. Lots of losses and crazy standings. No one is really ready for the real season, and the game outcomes simply don't matter. Perhaps all of the time off, as well as opt-outs by players. Just doesn't have the feel and flow of a real season.

Reaction Score
...and #2 NC State is down by 8 to unranked Virginia Tech in the 2nd...stay tuned.

Reaction Score
No they wouldn't have if Paige didn't have an off shooting night.
Right as Rain @ScottCT .

People can "What if" all day... but there are just as many "What if's" from the UCONN side that would have turned the game in to a double didget win for UCONN ... for example, if UCONN had made just some of their missed free throws...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Davis would have shown up Thursday night they would have beat UConn. This is Tennessee best and last opportunity to beat SC and compete for a championship. After this year it is going to be hard to pull off.
I’m sorry, that’s the same nonsense you can read on VolNation. If Paige doesn’t shoot 3-14 and UConn makes a few more FT’s, the Huskies win by double digits. Since neither happened the game turned out exactly as it did, with UConn winning by 6.

Reaction Score
And if UConn made free throws and Paige showed up before the big shot we would’ve really beat up on Tennessee even if Davis showed up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom