OT: Coyle going Pro | The Boneyard

OT: Coyle going Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
"going pro"?

I would guess this is more he is leaving Purdue. Who knows why he left or where he is going.

I wish him well, but NFL seems like a stretch. Good luck to him!

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
He has good wheels, a sure tackler and showed good athletic/football instincts. For the last time I saw him play for us he needed a few pounds - he showed some wear and tear do to making too many tackles from the safety position. Not sure of coverage skills, but that would be hard to judge because of the Huskies lack of a pass rush.

I expect to see him play on Sundays.

Reaction Score
All I know about Coyle is that if it weren’t for him, we would have given up 2-3 more TDs per game. It seemed like every time our opponent looked to make a big play, they either succeeded or Tyler Coyle arrived to make the hit. He was our best player and he saved us being humiliated multiple times.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was too used to him making plays after someone caught the ball. He has good physical tools- let's see if he has enough overall for the NFL. I am rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Unless I am missing someone, Coyle will be the second Diaco recruit to Uconn to be drafted. I will be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Coyle put on weight and played LB/S at Purdue. They listed him at 215, when he was listed at 205 at UConn. His only start of the season was at OLB. Who knows what Diaco was trying to do with him, but it would seem putting on 10 lbs would have impacted his speed and quickness, so I would guess he will lose some weight and try to be a safety in the NFL.

Based on his UConn career, he has NFL potential, but he really didn't get the opportunity to show much at Purdue. Supposedly, he is training at Boost Performance in Nashville to get ready to turn pro. Remember, he has been in college for 5 years, so it's time to give the NFL a shot.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My guess is late round (6-7) or UFA. We'll see.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If he is invited to the combine or whatever they have and runs well he could get drafted late, but more than likely he will be a free agent but that may be better for him.

Reaction Score
If he is invited to the combine or whatever they have and runs well he could get drafted late, but more than likely he will be a free agent but that may be better for him.
See that he is up to 6' 2"" and 215lbs. That's pretty good size. Hopefully he has a good pro day in March and he had productive years here. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
All I know about Coyle is that if it weren’t for him, we would have given up 2-3 more TDs per game. It seemed like every time our opponent looked to make a big play, they either succeeded or Tyler Coyle arrived to make the hit. He was our best player and he saved us being humiliated multiple times.
Ha! Reminds me of Obi Melinfonwu, LOL. He was in the picture of every touchdown for it seemed like an entire year. Few of them were his fault. He was so darn athletic he nearly bailed out broken coverage and did many times.

Reaction Score
Great player. Be interesting see where he goes.

Edsall has to stop losing these types of players if he is interested in winning football games.
Need to drop football. The kids leaving, sadly, tells you where UCONN Football is headed.

Reaction Score
Need to drop football. The kids leaving, sadly, tells you where UCONN Football is headed.
Football is and will always be the reason UConn gets into the ACC or B1G. Basketball is just along for the ride. If UConn wants the big bucks for the athletic program, then football is and always will be the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom