Cowherd: Who Cares? | The Boneyard

Cowherd: Who Cares?

Reaction Score
I don't often (as in never) watch cable sportstalk, but this afternoon I'm surfing for conversation on the Final Four. I bear with 30 minutes of mind-numbing palaver about pro football player negotiations before finally, on Colin Cowherd, up pops Jeff Goodman. Cowherd admits to Goodman that he's only a" casual" college basketball fan and admits that he kinda liked the current "omelet" while it was cooking. Alas, he doesn't much like it now that it's being served. Problem is, there aren't any big-name coaches in the Final Four, especially coaches you love to hate. Goodman tries to convince him that Danny Hurley might qualify, quoting Andrea Hurley as saying, "He's miserable when he loses and miserable when he wins." Cowherd is unconvinced, noting that unlike in pro sports, where the players are the story, it's the coaches who are the face of college sports. The players keep changing every year. Who are the coaches in the Final Four? And with that, the interview ends without a word on the Final Four itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I turned on Sportscenter today thinking maybe something in 2 hours right? Wrong. Ravens quarterback wants to be traded, the entire show on this, unbelievable.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here’s my advice when you come upon a media outlet, segment or personality that annoys you…ignore it. Change the channel. Unfollow them. Whatever.

But definitely do not write a mini-essay on it.

Their business involves generating engagement. You can’t always do that by throwing rose petals so sometimes they just create an adversarial stance and go with it. You are not obligated to take the bait.

Reaction Score
Here’s my advice when you come upon a media outlet, segment or personality that annoys you…ignore it. Change the channel. Unfollow them. Whatever.

Their business involves generating engagement. You can’t always do that by throwing rose petals so sometimes they just create an adversarial stance and go with it. You are not obligated to take the bait.
At age 85, I actually know that. It's the premise under which I post here.

Reaction Score
I don't often (as in never) watch cable sportstalk, but this afternoon I'm surfing for conversation on the Final Four. I bear with 30 minutes of mind-numbing palaver about pro football player negotiations before finally, on Colin Cowherd, up pops Jeff Goodman. Cowherd admits to Goodman that he's only a" casual" college basketball fan and admits that he kinda liked the current "omelet" while it was cooking. Alas, he doesn't much like it now that it's being served. Problem is, there aren't any big-name coaches in the Final Four, especially coaches you love to hate. Goodman tries to convince him that Danny Hurley might qualify, quoting Andrea Hurley as saying, "He's miserable when he loses and miserable when he wins." Cowherd is unconvinced, noting that unlike in pro sports, where the players are the story, it's the coaches who are the face of college sports. The players keep changing every year. Who are the coaches in the Final Four? And with that, the interview ends without a word on the Final Four itself.
you should hear Tony Massarotti in Boston. he for some reason is dementedly hateful of our state. not just indifferent, hateful. he has to have a burr up his butt about something. Friday he said he wrote a letter to someone requesting that CT get annexed from New England. wtf? how much of a tool do you have to be to go that far.

Reaction Score
you should hear Tony Massarotti in Boston. he for some reason is dementedly hateful of our state. not just indifferent, hateful. he has to have a burr up his butt about something. Friday he said he wrote a letter to someone requesting that CT get annexed from New England. wtf? how much of a tool do you have to be to go that far.
He wants the state added to New England? When it's already in New England?

Reaction Score
Tony Mazz is an idiot. At least Shaughnessy at one point was a good writer before he decided he had to go with his miserable schtik.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score

Sometimes? It's a business model. "It's about the bucks, kid. The rest is conversation."

Reaction Score
Lol! I stopped watching BSPN years ago. Its 80% football talk, 10% NBA, 5% other sports and 5% youre gettting womens coverage whether you like it or not.

Reaction Score
Please see post number 5. (also read further to see if you qualify for the age exception)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't give dipstick Mazz too much credit for anything. He's had an anti-CT thing for while because he got a laugh from the peanut gallery once. Now he's like the toddler who knows he can get a laugh when he farts.

Reaction Score
At 85, you’ve earned the right to be pissed off at whatever you want to be pissed off at. Have at it, my friend.
Not to act like my wife or anything, “but I love this”. Good for you @Sphinx, I pray I’ll be healthy and coherent like you at 85. I hope we win this one for you. You’ve earned that too. Let’s go!

Reaction Score
He knows nothing about sports period

Reaction Score
I certainly don't always agree with Cowherd, but I think he's right about this final 4 lacking appeal. It's more interesting when you have the powerhouse programs that people love to root for and against. And the game overall has lost most of the legendary coaches that were also important. I would guess that ratings will be down.

It is definitely hard to find much talk about the tournament on TV. I have moved to Youtube to find things.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
College basketball is very niche. It’s really only popular in the Northeast and in some ACC and West Coast areas. I absolutely can’t stand how the tourney is going on, yet all they want to talk about on 97.9 is NFL signings and NBA. They touched on the college tourney bare minimum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom