OT: - COVID19 striking Florida Marlins BB team. [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: COVID19 striking Florida Marlins BB team. [merged thread]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There's not really a home field advantage, so they should just play in the states that have things under control. Given that Connecticut is basically the only state that has contained Coronavirus, my vote is to play games at Dunkin Donuts Park.
Actually, New England, NY, NJ and Hawaii all pretty much have their act together on containing the virus. Other than that, it’s hit and miss.

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Instead of canceling the season, MLB should follow the NCAA pattern, Have the Commissioner's office rank the MLB teams. Then, have a single elimination tourney.
Select a stadium for the Final Four, and finish it out,

This would be better(and more interesting) than no season at all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know if this story has been confirmed yet, but the latest news on sports talk is that several Marlins players went out to a Gentlemen’s Club during their preseason trip to Atlanta. The Marlins had been trying to sell a story that they must have contracted the virus from a flight attendant on their return trip from Atlanta to Miami. That struck me as odd, since there is constant testing of all airline personnel, and they are required to wear masks at all times while on duty.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if this story has been confirmed yet, but the latest news on sports talk is that several Marlins players went out to a Gentlemen’s Club during their preseason trip to Atlanta. The Marlins had been trying to sell a story that they must have contracted the virus from a flight attendant on their return trip from Atlanta to Miami. That struck me as odd, since there is constant testing of all airline personnel, and they are required to wear masks at all times while on duty.
This will give the coaches a topic to discuss with their teams. As this possible bad behavior not only affects their teammates it affects the whole league season.

Reaction Score
It had to be expected. How long before MLB season is cancelled? . I desperately want to watch our UConn women play. I am embarrassed at how much I want this. But I want to protect their health and the health of their fans more.
You won't have to worry about the fans, as there will be none allowed at the games ( if they play). Until we have a proven vaccine, it is difficult to believe that any sports will survive. The travel and exposure to potential infection is simply too great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom