COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 18 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Got 2nd Moderna at 1pm Friday. Woke up at 2am Sat am with fever, massive chills and shivering like crazy despite adding a fleece layer and a down comforter, and aches from head to toe. Didn't get any more sleep and felt pretty rotten untli late afternoon Sat. but was feeling ok (just really tired) by Sat night. Feel fine this am. My wife got her shot at the same time and had a really similar reaction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Day 2 of the first Moderna and have a sore arm, slight fever and a little lathargic which sucks when you have to tend to a 6 year old but overall i dont feel too bad.
Day two as well for me. Feels like someone punched me in the arm, lower than where the actual shot was given. Other than that, there’s nothing else that feels different.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that. Day two of Moderna and I got up at 5:54 to smoke a pork butt and some ribs. Feel fine. Love me new Smoke device from ThermoWorks.

View attachment 66934

Edit: I’m still fine with just arm soreness. But my wife feels crappy now on day too and is running a fever.
I feel great today. Arm a little sore but im good. Some Pork butt and ribs would sure make me feel even better:)

Reaction Score
2nd Moderna this am. Did a mild shoulder workout and about 20 min of yard raking Immediately following. Feel better than I did after shot one where I had a low grade headache and mild hangover symptoms for about 12 hours.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Got second Pfizer this morning. Hoping no ill effects.

Reaction Score
Day 2 of the first Moderna and have a sore arm, slight fever and a little lathargic which sucks when you have to tend to a 6 year old but overall i dont feel too bad.

Enjoy every moment with that 6 yo Champs. You get pulled in many different directions in life but no one gives you the time back if you miss it with your children due to other priorities. I would have done many things differently if given a chance again.
We went to P&W today for Pfizer #1 today. What a well run site and I could see the Rent and hopefully future normal times to come.

Reaction Score
Enjoy every moment with that 6 yo Champs. You get pulled in many different directions in life but no one gives you the time back if you miss it with your children due to other priorities. I would have done many things differently if given a chance again.
We went to P&W today for Pfizer #1 today. What a well run site and I could see the Rent and hopefully future normal times to come.
No doubt. I love every minute of being a dad. congrats on your vaxx.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Reaction Score
I’d consider moving the allergy test.
Certainly not an expert but I would consult with the allergist to see if having the vaccine that close to allergy testing is a good idea. I know they discourage the use of any anti-histamines around the vaccine so you don't depress the immune response. Allergy testing is essentially seeing if you have an immune response to the allergen that is greater than normal. You wouldn't want the vaccine to interfere with rest results or vice versa.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Lamont announced that all business restrictions are being lifted as of May 19th (except for the mask mandate), which is one day before I become fully vaccinated (the 20th is two weeks after my 2nd shot). And the weekend of the 21st I'm going away for a bachelor party.

The end is in sight!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’d consider moving the allergy test.
Certainly not an expert but I would consult with the allergist to see if having the vaccine that close to allergy testing is a good idea. I know they discourage the use of any anti-histamines around the vaccine so you don't depress the immune response. Allergy testing is essentially seeing if you have an immune response to the allergen that is greater than normal. You wouldn't want the vaccine to interfere with rest results or vice versa.

Well the allergy test is the day before the vaccine. But still, I don't know if I really want to put myself through all that in one week. So I'm going to move it.

Reaction Score
Lamont announced that all business restrictions are being lifted as of May 19th (except for the mask mandate), which is one day before I become fully vaccinated (the 20th is two weeks after my 2nd shot). And the weekend of the 21st I'm going away for a bachelor party.

The end is in sight!
Great to see. Almost 50% of the state with at least one dose, combined with mask usage should hopefully make this successful. I'm very happy to be living in an area with pretty widespread vaccine adoption. Will make things a lot less painful in the coming months.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Great to see. Almost 50% of the state with at least one dose, combined with mask usage should hopefully make this successful. I'm very happy to be living in an area with pretty widespread vaccine adoption. Will make things a lot less painful in the coming months.
And CT did a very good job in vaccine dispersal, from my outsider's view.

Reaction Score
And CT did a very good job in vaccine dispersal, from my outsiders view.
I had a lot of concerns with the purely age-based system. It ignored a lot of equity issues and put folks in harder hit communities doing more front-line jobs toward the back of the line. That being said, the speed at which the rollout ended up getting accomplished removed a lot of those concerns for me in hindsight. I think if they had stuck to the original dates, there would have been a lot more questions about how that was handled.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I had a lot of concerns with the purely age-based system. It ignored a lot of equity issues and put folks in harder hit communities doing more front-line jobs toward the back of the line. That being said, the speed at which the rollout ended up getting accomplished removed a lot of those concerns for me in hindsight. I think if they had stuck to the original dates, there would have been a lot more questions about how that was handled.
Yeah, I will just say Jersey lagged CT greatly, at least in terms of % of population, so watching CTs progress looked good from here. Then It seems like a light switch flipped and suddenly vaccines were comparatively easy to come by. Regardless of politics, this has been an impressive mobilization and harnessing of the industrial (pharmaceutical?) might of the country.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah, I will just say Jersey lagged CT greatly, at least in terms of % of population, so watching CTs progress looked good from here. Then It seems like a light switch flipped and suddenly vaccines were comparatively easy to come by. Regardless of politics, this has been an impressive mobilization and harnessing of the industrial (pharmaceutical?) might of the country.

The first 6-8 weeks was always going to be the hardest in determining those with greatest exposure vice those with worst outcomes if exposed. One way was to go after critical workforce first the othe was age based. Across the country I think there were justifiable reasons to go with either path.

We are at the tipping point this week or next where available vaccines will greatly exceed people coming in for vaccinations. It's going to be walk-in, no appointment necessary for most of the country.

Reaction Score
Got Moderna #2 at 9:30 AM, will let you know if I have symptoms.
Good luck, my son did fine till about 18 hours out - then fatigue headache, slight fever, chills. Was fine about 36 hours after shot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Might be good for some weight loss though. ;) This is my second, so I agree that is the worst of it. Need to stock up on chicken broth.
IIRC lime Jell-O was my go-to. I am due again this October so I will have remember soon enough...

Reaction Score
Good luck, my son did fine till about 18 hours out - then fatigue headache, slight fever, chills. Was fine about 36 hours after shot.

Same after my #2 for Moderna. Wife had the same thing as well.

Reaction Score
Received second dose (Pfizer) yesterday. Overall just feeling tired. Hopefully that’s all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom