COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 17 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've never looked into so so curious as to what % of those infected have long term effects?? And what are the effects/% of folks infected. And I'm not interested in 3 months after cleared still can't run like I used to...I mean real long term/permanent issues?

This virus has only been around for about 18 months, so if you're discounting three months because it's not long enough a period, you're probably going to have to wait at least a few years before you get an answer to your question.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My wife and I are both getting our 2nd Moderna shots in a few hours. Should be interesting to see how it affects each of us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Crap weather all day. Rain for me. No beach, no boating, no fishing, no golfing.

Mrs Diesel is out of town so decision to boost immune system and load up on Vitamin D has been made.

IMG_20210416_093935350~2.jpg

Reaction Score
Well, if your are looking for long term long term not just 3 month long term, you don't want to hold your breath. No one has had long term effects for more than about 13 months.
Kind of the point of my post. I see folks mentioning long term consequences with healthy young folks, so was hoping they could tell me what they are, since I don’t know

Reaction Score
Getting first shot tomorrow. Second shot May 15th. Only getting this because I’m going to universal for a week in May and can’t afford to quarantine or anything when I get back. Guess I’ll bite the bullet.

Reaction Score
This is likely a stupid question with an obvious answer I'm missing, but I'll ask anyway. With the speed we're getting people vaccinated now theoretically everyone who wants one will get one by summer. What happens to people who pass for whatever reason and decide in 6 months they want one?

With the shelf life of the doses it doesn't seem like something you can just have on standby on the off chance people change their mind in November

Reaction Score
FYI, double check this before you go, but I believe the chip that gets inserted with the vaccine also contains 4-day admission to all three parks and an Express Pass.
I was told if I act like I have a disability. The express pass is free. I will do my best to make them believe.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm 23 hours after 2nd Pfizer shot and feel like a million bucks. No sore arm and (knock on wood) not even as much as a headache.

That's how both mine were, with Pfizer.

I think I said it here earlier in the thread but anecdotally me and most males in my family/family in laws didn't get much reaction whatsoever, while a few women got knocked around a bit. Seems to be somewhat consistent with what I'm hearing, but I had no effects either time.

Reaction Score
I actually am disabled. In a wheelchair.
I wasn’t being serious and neither was the guy I was responding to. It was a joke. Sorry if you didn’t like it and I’m sorry you’re in a wheel chair. Although someone did tell me that you could get free express passes that way. I’ve done the express pass there before. But since I’ll be there for four days this time. I don’t think I actually need it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We were in Cambridge Wednesday through yesterday and now I'm having PTSD from driving around Massholes again.

I had almost forgotten what that felt like. Great trip otherwise though!

I was screaming at three different drivers on the way there, all of 20 minutes. Must have been a few non-Massholes on the road gumming up the works. ;)

Now my shot story. Somehow my wife had an appointment 50 minutes before mine. We we went together. She’s in line texting me about the process while I am in the car. She decides that with my impaired hearing and people in masks I’ll never get through it. Talks to the people and tells me to come meet her. We go through the disabled entrance (which does list hearing impaired) and take the elevator up to Club level. There I discover I left my wallet at home. No ID. I have my appointment info on my phone and they take further pity on me and give me the shot.

No issues so far. Itching for a bit, mild light headedness that passed quickly.

Reaction Score
Now my shot story. Somehow my wife had an appointment 50 minutes before mine. We we went together. She’s in line texting me about the process while I am in the car. She decides that with my impaired hearing and people in masks I’ll never get through it. Talks to the people and tells me to come meet her. We go through the disabled entrance (which does list hearing impaired) and take the elevator up to Club level. There I discover I left my wallet at home. No ID. I have my appointment info on my phone and they take further pity on me and give me the shot.

High Maintenance- God bless your wife ?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
High Maintenance- God bless your wife ?

Indeed. Masks have rendered me close to deaf. My speech comprehension drops to something like 30%.

In hindsight, I would have been better off at a pharmacy. Gillette stadium is processing a lot of people through that site. This was one of two that operate on each side of the stadium. Very efficient but also loud and a more complicated process. We have 2nd shot appointments together.

Reaction Score
I was screaming at three different drivers on the way there, all of 20 minutes. Must have been a few non-Massholes on the road gumming up the works. ;)

I've spoken to a few of the people that work at the mass vaccination sites. They don't care about the details. They're run by for profit companies and they get paid for each person they vaccinate. All they want is an arm to stick the needle into. The more they can get through in a day, the more money they make.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Day 2 of the first Moderna and have a sore arm, slight fever and a little lathargic which sucks when you have to tend to a 6 year old but overall i dont feel too bad.

Sorry to hear that. Day two of Moderna and I got up at 5:54 to smoke a pork butt and some ribs. Feel fine. Love me new Smoke device from ThermoWorks.

1676EBA7-76B9-4424-B11E-C87C6DCBB4B2.jpeg

Edit: I’m still fine with just arm soreness. But my wife feels crappy now on day too and is running a fever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had mild fever and body aches, as well as a sore arm after the first Pfizer shot. After the second shot, I didn’t get off the couch the next day, felt like a bad case of the flu. I’m not sure but think the side effects were a result of me already having Covid and was the result of the antibodies reacting with the vaccine. Felt fine both times on the following day of feeling sick.

Reaction Score
I had mild fever and body aches, as well as a sore arm after the first Pfizer shot. After the second shot, I didn’t get off the couch the next day, felt like a bad case of the flu. I’m not sure but think the side effects were a result of me already having Covid and was the result of the antibodies reacting with the vaccine. Felt fine both times on the following day of feeling sick.
Never had Covid that I was aware of and still was knocked back for 36 hours after the 2nd Pfizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom