COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 35 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well thank you so much for taking time out from that and posting on the Boneyard.
I heard of a person who knew a guy who broke his footHe was moving cinder blocks and dropped one at the time but he had just gotten his vaccine a few days before so it could have been the cause. That or the 3 beers he had for lunch. Then another guy broke his a few days after that. Almost the exact same way, but with rocks, not blocks. Again right after getting vaccinated. You be the judge.

Reaction Score
Just curious. teachers union will allow their teachers to sit at home unpaid??? Seems doubtful.
PSEA, the PA state union wants all teachers vaccinated and is on board with mandates for teachers. They may be ok with having unvaccinated teachers go unpaid because it’s what’s in the best interest for the health and safety of teachers as a whole. If an unvaccinated teacher infects a bunch of the staff, that’s a bigger problem for the union than one holdout complaining about losing pay because they’re not vaccinated.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Should fully vaccinated people with no symptoms be tested at all? Seems like if that continues, the quarantines, the cancelations, etc will never end.

Im fully fascinated as of Easter Sunday. Got my antibody results yesterday. NONE. NOT A TRACE.

Likely getting Moderna shot this week.

Reaction Score
Just curious. teachers union will allow their teachers to sit at home unpaid??? Seems doubtful.

Teachers unions locally, state, and nationally are almost all on board with vaccine mandates, even for kids older than 12.

Legally they'd have pretty little ground to stand on anyways.

Reaction Score
Im fully fascinated as of Easter Sunday. Got my antibody results yesterday. NONE. NOT A TRACE.

Wow, that was fast. You should still have T-cell memory though. I’m about four months out from my second Moderna and am considering getting a booster in September. Will discuss with doctor first.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
PFE SARS-2 vaccine: current EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) to full clearance or even possible FDA approval next week.
In Oregon the governor announced on Friday that all school and public health workers will be required to be fully vaccinated by Oct. 18 or six weeks after full FDA approval, whichever is later. Takes away the "I'm waiting for full approval" excuse.

Reaction Score
In Oregon the governor announced on Friday that all school and public health workers will be required to be fully vaccinated by Oct. 18 or six weeks after full FDA approval, whichever is later. Takes away the "I'm waiting for full approval" excuse.
As much as I would like to agree that it takes away the approval excuse, I fear it simply changes it to “I am concerned that the approval was too fast and politically driven so I do not believe the proper reviews were done” excuse.

Reaction Score

What antibody test did you get? There are a number of different ones; some do not detect antibodies made as a result of the vaccines. I am guessing that you did get a test that should be able to detect vaccination-related immunity and your antibodies levels have waned (completely possible about 6 months post dose), but doesn’t hurt to double check

Reaction Score
Now the people who don’t want the vax are buying up all the horse dewormer they can get their hooves on. Can’t make this up.
I know, right? They won't put the vaccine in their bodies but full speed ahead for a medication that is primarily for veterinary use, has been shown to be ineffective and has put people in the hospital. Way to to think it through.

Reaction Score
Yeah, same thing happened to me last summer even though evidence suggested I've had covid in early March '20 just prior to lock down:
  • Went to an Iona home game three weeks before New Rochelle became one of the country's first hotspots.
  • Really bad cold the week before lockdown.
  • After cold about 2-3 weeks of sub-100% cardio stamina. I was able to do weights fine, but my normal 2-3 mile walk felt like a six mile hike.
  • Fever and bad side effects after first Moderna vaccine dose.\
Negative antibody test though.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Was it a mass service that did it, or just your own realization of the awesomeness of the miracle of rising from the dead?

'Walgreens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

In before everyone says "I told you so". I'm a bit surprised given the lack of long term data, but I think they faced a lot of pressure given the remaining hold-outs. I'd like to see them pull the immunity from liability now though.

Reaction Score
In before everyone says "I told you so". I'm a bit surprised given the lack of long term data, but I think they faced a lot of pressure given the remaining hold-outs. I'd like to see them pull the immunity from liability now though.

No non-live vaccine has ever been shown to have adverse effects that manifest >=1 year after administration (and honestly, you could even shorten that time window to 3-6 months post-administration). There have been no safety signals to suggest that the mRNA vaccines are any different.

The amount of data accumulated to assess safety and efficacy for the Pfizer COVID19 is basically unprecedented.

For pretty sound scientific, public health, and legal reasons. vaccine liability claims are handled through the national VICP program:

Reaction Score
Yup, "immunity from liability". For a few too many NON-immune deficient, individual-preferences supercede societal interests types, the latest cocked-up excuse. Inconveniently, a few too many will wait until they or their relatives experience more than minor symptoms, find themselves on ventilators, kick the bucket, or experience severe lingering long haulers symptoms. See: TX, AR, FL, GA, SC, TN, and pulling up the rear, AL and MS each with 35% vaccination rates.

Reaction Score

They've got pseudo-immunity anyway, as most vaccine injury claims go through the VICP (assuming it gets listed as a covered vaccine).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Go team Pfizer!

All In Cmt GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yup, "immunity from liability". For a few too many NON-immune deficient, individual-preferences supercede societal interests types, the latest cocked-up excuse. Inconveniently, a few too many will wait until they or their relatives experience more than minor symptoms, find themselves on ventilators, kick the bucket, or experience severe lingering long haulers symptoms. See: TX, AR, FL, GA, SC, TN, and pulling up the rear, AL and MS each with 35% vaccination rates.

Im ok with no immunity from liability as long as loser pays all costs.

Reaction Score
I had a few side effects from the first Moderna shot, but I was fine in 24 hours. I played 2 hours of tennis the next night. I’ll take a shot every 6 months if that‘s what it takes. I also very much liked not being sick last winter, so I’m also good using an N95 mask and sanitizer for the rest of my life. I’d like life to get back to normal, but that requires the end of COVID or at least illness levels similar to a regular flu season. Until then, new normal.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to agree that it takes away the approval excuse, I fear it simply changes it to “I am concerned that the approval was too fast and politically driven so I do not believe the proper reviews were done” excuse.
And there will always be Skeeter in Bumfark Missouri who can’t trust no gov, member when those injuns accepted a bunch of blankets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom