COVID Vaccination | Page 13 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Side effects from 2nd dose seem to be a one day thing for me because I feel basically fine today. Maybe at 95%.

I got mine in NYC at the Javits. The National Guard is running things and have an incredibly efficient setup. First dose I was in and out in about an hour. Second dose maybe 30-40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Greens at Wintonbury surprisingly rolling nice notwithstanding their practice of late Fall aeration...

Always worried about Wintonbury early spring due to the monster holes they use end of season. Good to hear thanks.

Topstone I’m pretty nice shape. Not as much for Tunxis Green or Blue Fox as of yet. Played the 3 of them last couple weeks.

Reaction Score
It's great to see people getting vaccinated here on the BY and sometimes going out of their way to find an appointment amidst the troubles of trying to find one.

It's heartbreaking to see our students and athletes suffer through virtual learning, quarantine protocols and missing out on the high school and college experiences. It's something that shouldn't be taken away from them and it's inspiring to see people doing their part.

Thanks everyone.

Reaction Score
No issues for me other than a sore arm after the first dose yesterday. Parents both got the first dose yesterday too, and my mom is in bed with a 102 fever so wide range of outcomes

Reaction Score
Side effects from 2nd dose seem to be a one day thing for me because I feel basically fine today. Maybe at 95%.
That's the weirdest part about the side-effects.

After my second dose, I had a 101.5ish fever for like 18 hours and then around 6 PM that night I started to turn and by 8 PM I felt 100% and no fever whatsoever. Very interesting feeling from going to feeling sick to totally fine in such a short span.

The second dose I had a higher fever, but it was almost more relaxing. Just like a good buzz with low-energy, just took it easy on the coach, sippin' Pedialyte, watching basketball, no stress.

The first dose felt worse, fever not as high (just under 100), but crazy achy, awful headache, just the pits. The key was finding an appointment on a Friday vs a Thursday...I went into work the day after my first dose and it was a grind to make it through.

As @husky429 mentioned earlier, my experience points towards previous, but undetected exposure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

After my second dose, I had a 101.5ish fever for like 18 hours and then around 6 PM that night I started to turn and by 8 PM I felt 100% and no fever whatsoever. Very interesting feeling from going to feeling sick to totally fine in such a short span.

The second dose I had a higher fever, but it was almost more relaxing. Just like a good buzz with low-energy, just took it easy on the coach, sippin' Pedialyte, watching basketball, no stress.

The first dose felt worse, fever not as high (just under 100), but crazy achy, awful headache, just the pits. The key was finding an appointment on a Friday vs a Thursday...I went into work the day after my first dose and it was a grind to make it through.

As @husky429 mentioned earlier, my experience points towards previous, but undetected exposure.

I got the JnJ so only one shot, but it hit me like a brick. 24 hours of a 102 fever. Basically didn't leave my bed. Started feeling a little better, took a shower and 10 minutes later I'm perfectly fine. Never had that experience with a fever before.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Getting the J&J next week. Lucked out that I was able to get on a list for once the state opened it up to 16+. Was extremely surprised I got the call back as quickly as I did.

Reaction Score
Just got my second shot yesterday. I was fine after the first other than a sore arm, but I was tired all day yesterday, and I couldnt sleep because I had chills and body aches.

Reaction Score

Yeah it was very weird. I got my second dose around 6pm on Thursday. Woke up Friday fine and then around 1pm it was like a switch flipped and I felt it hit me. Wake up Saturday and I’m fine.

Reaction Score
My wife went into a store ( Walgreen’s excluded) for the first time in over a year. It was actually pretty funny as she was the only one in the store paying any attention to the one way signs.
Something us vets gave up on last Spring.
She didn’t find what she was looking for and trying to be a good citizen shopper wore her out and she went to the car and I checked out.with only minor damage. Actually I spent more than her as I found that oversized frying pan I been looking for. I’m not much of a cook but eggs, grilled cheese , and quesadillas are my specialty.
At least it was a beginning of somewhat returning to normalcy.
To quote Winston Churchill
“ Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just got my second shot yesterday. I was fine after the first other than a sore arm, but I was tired all day yesterday, and I couldnt sleep because I had chills and body aches.
We (wife and I) received our second vax Friday, and my wife was wiped out yesterday, and slept like a rock last night. I never noticed much of anything with either shot. Maybe I'm getting placebos. ?

Reaction Score
I can't speak for CT, but see if you can learn when different places post their new appointment times. Other people know and they will take up all of the available slots within 2 minutes of them being open. I'm in PA and know Rite Aid posts them at midnight, so I got on at 11:50 at night and just kept trying until I succeeded. That's the only way to do it. You have to be quick with a computer too. Research how to use autofill with your browser so you can fly through the information gathering stage once you're trying to get an appointment. I was able to get one because I'm immunocompromised from a medication I take. Going to get it on Wednesday.

Once those new appointments are posted you're competing with God knows how many other people to be the first to click that submit button and seal your appointment. Autofill is your friend.

Edit to add: Don't even look at what appointment time/date it's giving you until after you have it. You can't waste any time. Just take the first one that pops up and figure your life out around it.
Starting to call 10 minutes before they accept calls worked for me. Sometimes it's a lot of calling around and being persistent about it, but there's no guarantee.

Reaction Score
I was able to get a excess dose today at CVS. Just showed up earlier in the day and asked if they had a waitlist (they did) but was told to come in before their last appointment. Turns out I lucked out and they had one remaining dose. I was stressing out about getting through on Thursday and luckily won’t have to worry about that now.

Reaction Score
I get my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow at around 9am. The high school I work at partnered with Meijer Pharmacy to get all teachers vaccinated.

Should I take off tomorrow or Wednesday from work?

Reaction Score

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I got mine in NYC at the Javits. The National Guard is running things and have an incredibly efficient setup. First dose I was in and out in about an hour. Second dose maybe 30-40 minutes.

Javits also. First time I went at 5 on a weekday and it took me about 90 minutes - including an extra 10 minutes for a medical eval (which related to the reason I was eligible). Second time, I went at about noon on a weekday and it took literally 10 minutes from walking through the door to having the shot in my arm.

It was pretty chill but when I got there the first time I kept thinking about what this would have looked like to someone in 2019: thousands of people standing in line, wearing masks, waiting for shots, while surrounded and ushered by soldiers. But it wasn't a dystopian nightmare at all. Just the opposite.

Both times I had no side effects apart from arm soreness. The second time, the arm soreness was even more minor.

p.s. I had COVID in December. A very minor case. Lost my sense of smell for a couple of weeks and had extremely minor body aches and headaches for a few days.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My wife went into a store ( Walgreen’s excluded) for the first time in over a year. It was actually pretty funny as she was the only one in the store paying any attention to the one way signs.
Something us vets gave up on last Spring.
She didn’t find what she was looking for and trying to be a good citizen shopper wore her out and she went to the car and I checked out.with only minor damage. Actually I spent more than her as I found that oversized frying pan I been looking for. I’m not much of a cook but eggs, grilled cheese , and quesadillas are my specialty.
At least it was a beginning of somewhat returning to normalcy.
To quote Winston Churchill
“ Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning”

I love that quote but I think it is the beginning of the end. At least for those who get vaccinated.

Reaction Score
I get my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow at around 9am. The high school I work at partnered with Meijer Pharmacy to get all teachers vaccinated.

Should I take off tomorrow or Wednesday from work?
Yes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good news today - both Pfizer and Moderna have been shown to be 90% effective against infection after 2 doses.

Nice bit of real world data.

I was more impressed with a 80% effectiveness two weeks after first dose for both Moderna and Pfizer. That alone is much better than flue vaccines.

Biggest thing for me isn't virus prevention, it is reducing hospitalizations and deaths.

Gimme a vaccine that means infection results in a couple of days on the couch to let body fight it off and I'm plenty happy. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Amazing that they think that's remotely humorous.
Typical SNL. It was probably too long and not exactly LOL funny, but Kenon Thompson put a smile on face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom