COVID Vaccination | Page 9 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Update: Legs are a bit weak and back is tight. Not 100%. And appetite is non-existent right now.

Reaction Score
6hrs in from getting my 2nd shot ( Pfizer ). So far nothing. I'll post tomorrow and hoping whatever reaction if any is minor. My wife had her 2nd yesterday (Moderna) 28hrs ago and had slight headache this morning that didn't last long and a little achy now, that's it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Update: Legs are a bit weak and back is tight. Not 100%. And appetite is non-existent right now.
Elvis says it could be that you're in love:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How are you feeling today, @Dove ?

I got my first Pfizer shot this morning. Yale West Haven campus is a very nice and easy set up and MyChart automatically schedules your second shot for exactly 21 days (if you get Pfizer) as soon as you get the first shot.

Feeling a little strange. Not quite a headache but a little lightheaded and sore. Otherwise fine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kev...feeling great!! Just the shoulder is sore to the touch still. I think I'm back, baby!!! I had Moderna and waited 28 days.

@8893

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I only had sore arm for first 24 hours. Have a bit of headache today , but that could’ve been the 1/2 a handle of dewars I drank to drown out last night’s disaster. Probably more likely.

Reaction Score
How are you feeling today, @Dove ?

I got my first Pfizer shot this morning. Yale West Haven campus is a very nice and easy set up and MyChart automatically schedules your second shot for exactly 21 days (if you get Pfizer) as soon as you get the first shot.

Feeling a little strange. Not quite a headache but a little lightheaded and sore. Otherwise fine.
Got my first and second Pfizer ones there. Second one on Friday.

Very polite and nice staff.

Arm sore a bit for 24 hours, but not too bad otherwise.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kev...feeling great!! Just the shoulder is sore to the touch still. I think I'm back, baby!!! I had Moderns and waited 28 days.

@8893

I only had sore arm for first 24 hours. Have a bit of headache today , but that could’ve been the 1/2 a handle of dewars I drank to drown out last night’s disaster. Probably more likely.
I grabbed myself a beautiful cowboy cut ribeye from Shoreline Prime on my way home to throw on the grill tonight, so I hope I keep my appetite and taste buds until after that at least!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I grabbed myself a beautiful cowboy cut ribeye from Shoreline Prime on my way home to throw on the grill tonight, so I hope I keep my appetite and taste buds until after that at least!
First shot yielded no after effects except for sore shoulder to touch.

Enjoy that steak.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
First shot yielded no after effects except for sore shoulder to touch.

Enjoy that steak.
Amazing how sore the arm is now. But that’s about it.

Granted I nailed an incredible bottle of Cab with the steak.

And boy did I nail the steak, right in between medium rare and medium, which is my sweet spot. Thanks in large part to @August_West ’s recommendation of the Thermapen several years ago. It totally saved my ass tonight. The pen don’t lie, but when you are cooking multiple items and the outside temperature is cold, recommended cooking times sure do.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Amazing how sore the arm is now. But that’s about it.

Granted I nailed an incredible bottle of Cab with the steak.

And boy did I nail the steak, right in between medium rare and medium, which is my sweet spot. Thanks in large part to @August_West ’s recommendation of the Thermapen several years ago. It totally saved my ass tonight. The pen don’t lie, but when you are cooking multiple items and the outside temperature is cold, recommended cooking times sure do.
I don’t know how anyone who claims to like food lives without one. You literally can’t mess it up .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don’t know how anyone who claims to like food lives without one. You literally can’t mess it up .
The ribeye was around an inch and a half thick, which is a little shy for a cowboy cut; and I also had to cook three of the Shoreline Prime chicken breasts, one of which was around three inches thick. I would have been lost without the Thermapen. The chicken was pure black char on the outside and perfectly moist, tender and flavorful on the inside.

I tried a new method with the steak tonight, dipping it in clarified butter before putting it in the grill, and searing it for four minutes on each side (two minutes then rotate 45 degrees for cross-hatching). The directions I had called for cooking it another 10 minutes or so if it was a 2” steak, so I figured it would need at least five more minutes. But when I checked the Thermapen it was already 125 to 140 all throughout so I pulled it and put it on a hot plate with a vented cover for around 10 minutes while the chicken finished cooking. It could not have been more perfect. Mrs. 8893, my daughter and mother in law were horrified as I gnawed the bone.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The ribeye was around an inch and a half thick, which is a little shy for a cowboy cut; and I also had to cook three of the Shoreline Prime chicken breasts, one of which was around three inches thick. I would have been lost without the Thermapen. The chicken was pure black char on the outside and perfectly moist, tender and flavorful on the inside.

I tried a new method with the steak tonight, dipping it in clarified butter before putting it in the grill, and searing it for four minutes on each side (two minutes then rotate 45 degrees for cross-hatching). The directions I had called for cooking it another 10 minutes or so if it was a 2” steak, so I figured it would need at least five more minutes. But when I checked the Thermapen it was already 125 to 140 all throughout so I pulled it and put it on a hot plate with a vented cover for around 10 minutes while the chicken finished cooking. It could not have been more perfect. Mrs. 8893, my daughter and mother in law were horrified as I gnawed the bone.
Ummm, you're derailing the damned thread.

Reaction Score
Got my first pfizer shot yesterday and all good other than sore arm and mild headache.

Thought I'd also throw out there that due to site I got it at being a mobile clinic they won't have another one for 4 weeks instead of normal recommended 3 wks for pfizer. Consulted a bunch of medical professionals (pharmacists, immunologist, microbiologist subject matter expert, etc) and was assured that there's actually a lot of evidence popping up and studies (especially in europe) that waiting longer between doses is just as effective and sometimes more effective so nothing to worry about if you don't hit the 3 wks (pfizer) or 4wks (moderna) right on the dot

I'm an engineer so my microbio colleagues simple explanation to me was: "Biology isn't engineering. Our tolerances are wider"

Glad to see lots of BYers getting their shots. Good luck to all and hope everyone stays healthy!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got my first pfizer shot yesterday and all good other than sore arm and mild headache.

Thought I'd also throw out there that due to site I got it at being a mobile clinic they won't have another one for 4 weeks instead of normal recommended 3 wks for pfizer. Consulted a bunch of medical professionals (pharmacists, immunologist, microbiologist subject matter expert, etc) and was assured that there's actually a lot of evidence popping up and studies (especially in europe) that waiting longer between doses is just as effective and sometimes more effective so nothing to worry about if you don't hit the 3 wks (pfizer) or 4wks (moderna) right on the dot

I'm an engineer so my microbio colleagues simple explanation to me was: "Biology isn't engineering. Our tolerances are wider"

Glad to see lots of BYers getting their shots. Good luck to all and hope everyone stays healthy!
It’s funny you mention that because i actually tried to bump my second Pfizer shot out to four weeks because we were potentially planning to be away on the date for which they scheduled me and they all recommended against it, but I think that had more to do with their scheduling system and the uncertainty about what would happen if I gave up that slot.

Reaction Score
It’s funny you mention that because i actually tried to bump my second Pfizer shot out to four weeks because we were potentially planning to be away on the date for which they scheduled me and they all recommended against it, but I think that had more to do with their scheduling system and the uncertainty about what would happen if I gave up that slot.
I think it makes their scheduling easier so they can make sure they have enough for the second.

Reaction Score
Wife and I got our first Pfizer shots yesterday - so far, just a sore arm

Reaction Score
Had the second Moderna shot last Thursday and the only issue was a very minor soreness in my arm. Did some exercises to address the soreness and the next morning there zero issues at all. Four days later, still no issues and I feel great. I was told that younger people getting Moderna had a higher percentage and more severe reactions to the shot than older people. My daughter became very tired after her second shot and missed a couple of days of work, but was fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom