Could South Carolina lose tonight...7:00 ESPN? | The Boneyard

Could South Carolina lose tonight...7:00 ESPN?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As deep and talented as they are there have been a couple of games where they were
challenged. They are playing at Tenn. tonight...an unranked Tenn. It seems to
me that despite their final 4 drought [last is 2008...yikes!] LadyVol always has
significant talent...enough to beat an elite team on occasion.

Could tonight be THE night? I assume there will be a big crowd....and a very
loud one as long as LadyVol is close.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hey...VC!

How about an imaginary bet...on the NCAA tourney?
For an imaginary one dollar...or an imaginary million...your imaginary
choice?

To win it all: I give you South Carolina. You give me the rest of the field.

It's NOT an even bet... I want you to give me odds. How about 2-1?
I win an imaginary 2 bucks....or an imaginary 2 million. Should you win
you would get a piddling one [imaginary] dollar or million.

Reaction Score
Hey...VC!

How about an imaginary bet...on the NCAA tourney?
For an imaginary one dollar...or an imaginary million...your imaginary
choice?

To win it all: I give you South Carolina. You give me the rest of the field.

It's NOT an even bet... I want you to give me odds. How about 2-1?
I win an imaginary 2 bucks....or an imaginary 2 million. Should you win
you would get a piddling one [imaginary] dollar or million.
No imaginary bets. However, I will make an Avatar bet. If you win, I have to wear the (non-profane) avatar of your choice for 3 months after a champion is crowned. If Scar wins, you have to wear the avatar of my choice.

The rest of the field? Nah, too much. I'll let you choose 6 other teams right now.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think SC wins this but it could be more competitive than expected. SC is coming off a big win and could be due for a let down. They also haven't played their best on the road, they had competitive games at Duke, UNC, and LSU. Tennessee has played well at home too with Rickea Jackson back. All that said, I'd be stunned if South Carolina loses.

Reaction Score
Yes I think it is definitely possible that SC loses its plane tickets. Or lose the directions to the arena.

Oh you meant lose the game?
Hell to the no. 89-68

Reaction Score
This is very much so a "trap" game for the Gamecocks. On the road at a historical powerhouse that has owned South Carolina in the past. But even during Dawn Staley's era, the Lady Vols hold a 12-11 series advantage. The Gamecocks are 7-1 vs Tennessee over the past 8 games, and are on a current 4-game win streak. But lately the Gamecocks are starting games and 1st halves struggling to get their offense going, and that's all TN needs to get confidence and make this game a barn-burner.....

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Tennessee has beaten South Carolina 11 times during Staley's tenure. Most of those wins came early in her tenure, though...before Dawn established the great talent pipeline currently in place.

It is an intriguing game, tho. Tennessee looks like it might finally be rounding into form as the regular season enters its final phase.

Reaction Score
This is very much so a "trap" game for the Gamecocks. On the road at a historical powerhouse that has owned South Carolina in the past. But even during Dawn Staley's era, the Lady Vols hold a 12-11 series advantage. The Gamecocks are 7-1 vs Tennessee over the past 8 games, and are on a current 4-game win streak. But lately the Gamecocks are starting games and 1st halves struggling to get their offense going, and that's all TN needs to get confidence and make this game a barn-burner.....
A trap game infers that SC will overlook Tennessee. Are you kidding? I would think the Georgia game would be more of a trap game. Tennessee is tied for 2nd. There’s no way our players don’t do their homework. If they don’t win it won’t be because of that. Tennessee is a talented team on offense. Their defense, up to this point, isn’t very good. If we can clamp down on their offense and make Rikea beat us by herself, we will be fine. I think our defense can handle everybody else but we don’t have a good matchup for Rikea.

Key is only playing about 20 mins a game. When she’s out we will have the advantage Whether it’s Ashlyn or Kamilla in the game.

Our last 2 common opponents are Ole Miss and Mizzouri. We beat Miz by 40, they won by 11. We beat Ole Miss by 20, they won by 5.
My prediction 81-60 SC

Reaction Score
They could but I doubt it. As long as South Carolina is focused, keep their composure, and handle business, they should win tonight.

Reaction Score
I hope not.

That's how much I dislike Tennessee. :p

Although ….

A Tenn win would not only knock SC from unbeaten, it would save Harper’s job.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is this the SC "trap" game after clobbering us? I doubt it.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Although ….

A Tenn win would not only knock SC from unbeaten, it would save Harper’s job.
Kombucha No But GIF

Reaction Score
66-55 South Carolina

Tied through 3 quarters....Carolina 18-7 in the 4th.
LadyVol led at the half.
Tennessee is a weird place to play these days. They're basically like Samson in chains. Once great, now reduced to a shadow, but if things start going their way, it's like they remember their past and the walls begin to shake.

Reaction Score
66-55 South Carolina

Tied through 3 quarters....Carolina 18-7 in the 4th.
LadyVol led at the half.

The 4th quarter turnovers for Tennessee absolutely killed them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom