Could Connecticut Bring Buffalo Bills to Hartford, UConn Gets New Stadium? | The Boneyard

Could Connecticut Bring Buffalo Bills to Hartford, UConn Gets New Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Buffalo Bills are rumored to be considering relocation if Buffalo doesn't build them a decent new stadium. Why not try what Gov. Roland attempted to do with the Patriots but with the Bills. Bring them to Hartford. It would sure help Hartford's economy. The Bills' current lease expires in July 2023. UConn could share the facility and get a 64,000 seat stadium. It would show Connecticut is serious about football and would send a message to the P5 or P4 conferences about UConn football. That we are serious. We deserve a membership.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

ronald mcdonald lol GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Expand the Rent for them. It’s cost-effective. Then build a stadium for UConn on campus.

(That said it’s not happening)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No. In 30 years the NFL will be played in glorified tv studios.

Reaction Score
NFL & Owner of the Bills: “We need to get the city of Buffalo and it’s tax payers to pay for a brand new state of the art stadium.” “Let’s pretend we are going to move the team to a new city if we don’t get what we want.” “Let me see, what state can we and use in our little plan?” “Do you think Connecticut would we stupid enough to fall for the same scam twice?” ………………

Reaction Score
I still think there was a chance the Patriots would have come to Hartford back when Roland was governor. Their home state just came up with a better offer. One problem with Connecticut: we always think we are not good enough to compete nationally in many things, be it attracting a pro team, getting UConn into P5, or turning UConn into a world-renown research (AAU) university. These things can be done.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure the school has being invited to a P4 conference as a goal.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
You’ll have a better chance getting the Redskins aka WFT to relocate b/c no jurisdiction in the DMV is stupid enough to build a new stadium for an NFL team.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I still think there was a chance the Patriots would have come to Hartford back when Roland was governor. Their home state just came up with a better offer. One problem with Connecticut: we always think we are not good enough to compete nationally in many things, be it attracting a pro team, getting UConn into P5, or turning UConn into a world-renown research (AAU) university. These things can be done.

Wasn't true then. Isn't true now. This has been well documented.

Reaction Score
Like others noted, the owner is trying to pressure Buffalo.

But if the Bills ever did move, I'd suspect it would be to a city with a metro population of 2 million or more - like San Antonio, Austin, San Diego, St. Louis, or Portland.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
NFL & Owner of the Bills: “We need to get the city of Buffalo and it’s tax payers to pay for a brand new state of the art stadium.” “Let’s pretend we are going to move the team to a new city if we don’t get what we want.” “Let me see, what state can we and use in our little plan?” “Do you think Connecticut would we stupid enough to fall for the same scam twice?” ………………

Lets Go GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Reaction Score
The Bills are too low rent. Why not just get the Giants?

Reaction Score
Another problem is the NFL didnt want the patriots moving here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still think there was a chance the Patriots would have come to Hartford back when Roland was governor. Their home state just came up with a better offer.
This is not true. Why do people keep saying this nonsense? The home state barely offered squat. CT had the greatest offer of all time. If there was no such thing as a steam plant the Pats would be in Hartford right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom