Cord Cutters | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I live in CT but frequently travel out of state. Does anyone use a VPN to spoof location and get your same home resources like optimum while outside your home location? Thanks in advance.

For Optimum, it will not work. They know when you’re on your home network and when you’re not.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
For Optimum, it will not work. They know when you’re on your home network and when you’re not.
They know when you’ve been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

Reaction Score
Three years later I'm still pretty happy with my decision to jump to YTTV. I was a DirecTV from 1999 to 2020 and got sick of having to beg for discounts, playing the "customer retention" game. It got to the point when the discounts just petered out. The last one I was offered before cancelling was $10 a month for 6 months. I was even shot down when I asked for a discount on the Sunday, even after 20+ years.

YTTV dropped NESN about three months after I signed up and I was bummed out for a while, but the way the Sox were going, I got over it quick. Even with the price increases I've seen over the three years, I'm still paying quite a bit less than I was three years ago with DirecTV. I also caught my wife in a weak moment and she caved to the Sunday Ticket this year, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just switched back to Youtube TV after dropping them in June after they lost SNY. They recently upgraded a few things including a technical change (don't ask me what exactly) that they said should improve the picture quality. I have to say, the picture on the football games this past weekend was fantastic, especially on Sunday night. Looked damn near 4K even though it was on 720p ESPN.

Amazon Prime also announced that they will be broadcasting their games this year in 1080P HDR. So that should be a really nice picture too. Apple TV did legit 1080P (non-HDR) for the baseball games this year and that picture was always incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom