connecticut phish fans - spafford or goose? | The Boneyard

connecticut phish fans - spafford or goose?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Spafford are good guys and a good band but have plateaud. They just lost OG keys player. No one puts that time on the road in for a decade and leaves right before you hit big. They are good , but they are playing at the level they will forever play at at this point. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s a tough living as you get older.

Reaction Score
noice, thanks, i feel like goose needs some maturing sound wise

i saw phish open for santana 92, loved the sound. 99 the old disco biscuits is the sound i’m chasing

yup, GD is greattoo

Reaction Score
All. 200 Phish shows 30 Goose and 20+ Spafford all plus a side of Eggy

Reaction Score
F5A53FB9-CC54-44E9-83C9-0BDFDFC88E0A.jpeg 131F5119-1E43-414A-9423-A9B08154BAEB.jpeg

Reaction Score
That Phil Lesh and Friends playing the capitol tonight had some 20 minute live stream preview from Relix. Love John Medeski and saw the main guy from Goose is there.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That Phil Lesh and Friends playing the capitol tonight had some 20 minute live stream preview from Relix. Love John Medeski and saw the main guy from Goose is there.
Tonight’s Phil’s 83rd bday

Reaction Score
My son and I followed the dead for a summer so he could get a taste of the 60’s. He was about 8 and supported the whole trip selling fruit and PB&J sandwiches. We caught a few Phish shows after Jerry died. While not a huge fan of jam bands I have buddies that are in one of the best jam bands - Railroad Earth. If you ever have the chance, check them out.

Reaction Score
Always been a Spafford guy but Goose will end up being superior over the long-haul. Spafford still feels like an accessible band to go see that delivers similar musical value at half the cost. Still enjoy Goose though -- they're just a little robotic/gimmicky for me at this point after seeing them 6-7 times. I probably need to listen to their new material to get a sense for how they sound today.

Reaction Score
Always been a Spafford guy but Goose will end up being superior over the long-haul. Spafford still feels like an accessible band to go see that delivers similar musical value at half the cost. Still enjoy Goose though -- they're just a little robotic/gimmicky for me at this point after seeing them 6-7 times. I probably need to listen to their new material to get a sense for how they sound today.
Having completed the 5-day Cap run......they've risen to yet another level IMO.

Reaction Score
Having completed the 5-day Cap run......they've risen to yet another level IMO.
Great to hear. They're going to be (deservingly) a big deal. I heard people we're a little "meh" about Jimmy Fallon's encore however, lol.

Reaction Score
Two additional thoughts:
1.) I am extremely pumped for Spafford at Blue Note in NYC in May. If anyone on here is going to one or multiple nights, let me know.
1b.) We should a Boneyard jam band fan meet-n-greet before a show/game sometime. That would be awesome.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Goose has become an over night sensation and deservingly so but let’s see how long it will last. Will Ric stay and devote 100% of his energy with the band, does he try solo side stuff that will take time from the band or does he decide to start a new project on his own. That is the question. The bands success is really driven by being on the road consistently.
Spafford is a band that has been around longer than most think. Brian Moss is a great guitarist and I love his work. Losing Red on the keys is huge but with a young family and 12 years on the road takes its toll. Cory is a great replacement and gives the group a slightly different sound. Can’t wait to see them in Holyoke and Hartford very soon.
Phil and Friends- I can take or leave. To be honest I miss Ratdog of all the peel off GD bands. Dark Star orchestra is a capable and highly recommended alternative. They played a great 71 Felt Forum show (not a mirror image but a mix up} this past Monday night at the Hartford Infinity.

Reaction Score
I've been seeing Phish since 97 (my first show was the Great Went) but I really feel out of touch here. I've never even heard of Spafford. Can anybody recommend a track or two to check out? I am aware of Goose, especially since they are local. They are "fine". No complaints. But I haven't seen them live yet (consciously). I believe that I've heard them at a festival I was working a few years back, but wasn't paying close attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like all the offsho
Goose has become an over night sensation and deservingly so but let’s see how long it will last. Will Ric stay and devote 100% of his energy with the band, does he try solo side stuff that will take time from the band or does he decide to start a new project on his own. That is the question. The bands success is really driven by being on the road consistently.
Spafford is a band that has been around longer than most think. Brian Moss is a great guitarist and I love his work. Losing Red on the keys is huge but with a young family and 12 years on the road takes its toll. Cory is a great replacement and gives the group a slightly different sound. Can’t wait to see them in Holyoke and Hartford very soon.
Phil and Friends- I can take or leave. To be honest I miss Ratdog of all the peel off GD bands. Dark Star orchestra is a capable and highly recommended alternative. They played a great 71 Felt Forum show (not a mirror image but a mix up} this past Monday night at the Hartford Infinity.

What about JRad? I've never seen them but have wanted to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom