Concerns vs Binghamatan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Concerns vs Binghamatan

Reaction Score
Thinking I'd like to see Akok take Whaley's starting spot
You can make that argument and I wouldn't mind it but Whaley did have 6 pts, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks today. He was missing bunnies but he did contribute. Akok had 2 fewer minutes but had 8 points and 1 board. If Akok could continue to consistently hit threes however he would help unclog the middle for Sanogo if they're in the game at the same time.

Reaction Score
Ahhh... we won by 20ish. That's good enough.

Those first 3 games ended up being almost pointless. 40 and 50 pt wins. Those teams stopped nothing and exposed nothing. Binghamton stunk as well, buy they mostly played like a team. They found a few holes. Things that need to be worked on. This is actually a positive. More positive than any of our first 3 games.

This should of been our first game. Followed by 2 or 3 opponents of this caliber or slightly better. If anyone should be criticized it's the person who scheduled the first 3 games. They did very little to help our growth.

Reaction Score
We shot 74% from the foul line. That's pretty solid and definitely not "poor". They shot 32% from 3. Some late rotations leaving room for improvement perhaps but not terrible. Overreacting somewhat.
I was surprised when I checked the stat line after that it was that high. For whatever reason it felt quite a bit lower watching but my eyes deceived me.

Reaction Score
Not picking on you, but I like this stretch for our growth. We played everyone and in multiple combinations. They are ready for tougher.
I suppose there's a positive spin. In March these first four games will be a distant memory

Reaction Score
I would agree but Akok is doing so well of the bench it adds another dimension to this team
I think Akok pairs much better with Sanogo that Whaley does. Jackson, Whaley, and Sanogo is a spacing nightmare of a trio. We need to break that up a bit. I’d rather have Whaley play with spacers like Polley, Gaffney, or Hawkins than Jackson, Martin, and Sanogo in the starting lineup.

The starting lineup could use Akok pulling a defender to perimeter anyway. They’ve been starting slow every game. If you want to run the offense through Sanogo, getting an extra body out of the paint can only help.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If they play defense like that against Auburn, they'll get run out of the gym. I do, however, fully expect them to clean things up.

Reaction Score
Regarding our 3-pt defense, Auburn may not be much of a test of it. They went 5 for 26 last night in their 58-52 win at South Florida.
They’re overrated. We gunna crush ‘em.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
“Binghamatan”

Close enough
Game Stop GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not picking on you, but I like this stretch for our growth. We played everyone and in multiple combinations. They are ready for tougher.
By similar logic, it could be said that there was benefit from Hawkins not playing in the first 2 games . . . and I wouldn't disagree.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
It did seem like our defense was flat. We didn’t force many turnovers, 11?, which stunted our ability to get out on the fast break. The one defense to offense play I remember clearly was Tyrese out in front and the defender had an arm out blocking him the whole way down the court…Rese made the layup but didn’t get a call.

Reaction Score
I had a feeling today would be a little bit of a rough sea comapred to the smooth sailing we had with the first 3 games. Not making excuses, but we were coming off a blowout win at Gampel a few days ago, and we are about to get on a plane to the Bahamas in a couple days to play big competition for the first time. Maybe we were looking ahead just a little bit?
It’s not like we lost to Colgate at Gampel

Reaction Score
By similar logic, it could be said that there was benefit from Hawkins not playing in the first 2 games . . . and I wouldn't disagree.
Not a bad analogy now that you posted that. He got to see the pace of the real games while recovering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom