OT: College Cup | The Boneyard

OT: College Cup

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I just have never been able to get into soccer. Stanford and North Carolina played 90 scoreless minutes, then another 10 or 15 in overtime. Penalty kicks are actually exciting at least, I caught that part. Stanford wins 5-4 in kicks, 2nd Title in the last 3 years for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Loving it. That's our second national championship of the day - - men won in water polo earlier this afternoon. Go Stanford!

I know everybody else hates it, but there is a reason the Pac 12 calls itself the Conference of Champions. Stanford doing their part adding to the haul.

Reaction Score
I believe that was National Championships #124 and #125 across all sports on the Farm. UCLA is still stuck on 118, followed by Southern California at 107, and mighty Kenyon trails them with 60 in fourth.

It was an amazing game, with a great win for the good guys in the end.

Reaction Score
I watched the game through overtimes. I can't watch the penalty kicks--such a hard way to lose a national championship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Division III men's and women's final 4 were held here this past weekend....as it has for the past 2 years. I'd honestly forgot it was here until this thread. Even though Im not a soccer fan... I figure it would be cool to watch a national championship being played in person. Someone remind me next december or in december of 2021 to get off of my couch and go drive 5 minutes and watch the national title game.

UNC women's soccer is truly the (evil) Empire of the soccer Star Wars universe. No matter who was in the final, I would have rooted against them.

besides representing the school in Chapel Hill... what else makes them evil?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Ima take a stab at this one--probably because they have 23 Championships and the next closest teams have 3.

Reaction Score
The Division III men's and women's final 4 were held here this past weekend....as it has for the past 2 years. I'd honestly forgot it was here until this thread. Even though Im not a soccer fan... I figure it would be cool to watch a national championship being played in person. Someone remind me next december or in december of 2021 to get off of my couch and go drive 5 minutes and watch the national title game.

They’ve caused multiple injuries to star players from Stanford over the years due to their overly aggressive and physical style of play including I believe our star players in Sophia Smith and Jaye Bossiere. They’ve cost Stanford a title or two with those injuries. If Stanford had Sophia Smith against Florida State last season, it would’ve been an entirely different game.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Just interested in watching the 6-8 players in that game who will end up being on the future US national team.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Sophia Smith is going to be the new Rose Lavelle, but the girl she most reminds me of athletically is Mallory Pugh.

In 2023 world cup when Mallory is in the starting lineup, Sophia is gonna be her back-up.

Reaction Score
Wow, a thread that is not about WBB is posted (and will be ignored).
Isn't there a non Basketball forum for "information" like this? (rhetorical ?) :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I know everybody else hates it, but there is a reason the Pac 12 calls itself the Conference of Champions. Stanford doing their part adding to the haul.
I don't recall the sports nor the individuals involved, but I clearly recall watching a more obscure sporting event (not football/basketball etc.) at Stanford, and in the stands casually watching with their other student buds were at least 3 Olympic Medalists from other sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom